Help me with PA systems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with PA systems...

I need help sifting through the massive world of PA systems. I intend to use this for my band, since we are well established and could use a powerful PA system to play our own shows. The catch is that we are on a budget (who isn't anyways?)

What I have decided on are the following: A Behringer EP2500 power amp, at 1200 watts it should be powerful enough. I have also chosed a mixer as well. My problem is with speakers: I need ones that can handle this wattage, but also need to have good bass response since the bass will be running through a Sansamp RBI into the PA system. What do you guys recommend for speakers? I need something loud and fairly inexpensive, and ones that can handle bass well. Thanks!
    woooooo

Re: Help me with PA systems...

well according to the specs on your power amp it's putting out 450 watts into 8 ohms (pretty respectable), any of the two way carvin or yamaha club series speakers can handle that kind of power (both are rated at 450 watts continous). I've owned both and preferred the carvins, they're multi ply cabinets where as the yamahas are mfd (heavy), the carvins were a little smoother but both cabs sounded good, they both run about three bills per cab which isn't to bad.

Comment

well according to the specs on your power amp it's putting out 450 watts into 8 ohms (pretty respectable), any of the two way carvin or yamaha club series speakers can handle that kind of power (both are rated at 450 watts continous). I've owned both and preferred the carvins, they're multi ply cabinets where as the yamahas are mfd (heavy), the carvins were a little smoother but both cabs sounded good, both have massive woofers and they both run about three bills per cab which isn't to bad.

Comment

I'd recommend Behringer. They've got some really decent 2 way cabs that should be able to handle the power output that you're talking about.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Yes, I was looking at the Behringer cabs, but really didn't know what to look at or expect. I've heard a lot about the Carvin cabs, but not so much the Yamaha ones. Thanks!
          woooooo

Comment

Working...
          X