That hit the spot.. Old friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That hit the spot.. Old friends.

In light of my dark period and the fact Ive been selling of guitars, I pulled some girls out of the shed that I wanted to see if they still earned their keep.

I spent a few days with my Washie MG130 and she has been my black soulmate during this time... Its also been a long while since I played in drop d, so I spent time dialing the floyd in . Inspired riffs.. Once again started thinking, yeah this could be my #1..
    Anyhow, I got the Epi Limited Edition out and thought maybe I would put her up for sale. But Everytime I get that guitar out, she impresses me!
    Really is one of the most pleasant LPs Ive played. So, dialed her down to drop D and within 10 min had the main parts of one of my most catchy riffs..

So, gonna dial the Washie back to standard and gonna be rocking these two axes for awhile and hopefully rocking myself out of my funk..

I really dont think I'll sell this LP.. It seems to really have some mojo. I think that series was a cut above. I had another and it was special too, but I couldnt keep both.

**** Since this thread initially was just me sharing a thought... Lets give it some meaning and make it more fun!
    Grab a guitar you maybe having played in awhile and see if you get something fresh!
    Last edited by BloodRose; 07-17-2010, 10:38 AM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: That hit the spot.. Old friends.

sweet dude!
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how certain guitars inspire totally different riffage
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
        It never ceases to amaze me how certain guitars inspire totally different riffage
        True! Alot of people say to me, do you need more than one guitar?? And I often trying to get myself to pare down (slowly am) but the different guitars inspire different things. Most suprising this time is the LP isnt my "hot pup loaded axe" and yet the riff is heavy.. It just works perfect for drop D.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Hope that dark period lightens up bro. Mine is still kinda dark. I know exactly what you mean. I've still been able to hang on to my two G Les Pauls, and they both inspire different riffs, as does my strat! It is very weird, but very cool.
          My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
          or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
          700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

so whats the "epiphone limited edition?!" don't keep us in suspense, lets see some of these

Comment

BR, hope this is a start to a better feel for you. Been having a bit of a bad time myself recently, didn't hardly pick up one of mine for almost a month, til' two days ago. Really has helped, and hope you "get back on track" soon.

Stepping away from keybord to play now.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by medic24 View Post
                BR, hope this is a start to a better feel for you. Been having a bit of a bad time myself recently, didn't hardly pick up one of mine for almost a month, til' two days ago. Really has helped, and hope you "get back on track" soon.

Stepping away from keybord to play now.

Dave
                Hope all gets on track for you too.. Play on!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
                  so whats the "epiphone limited edition?!" don't keep us in suspense, lets see some of these
                  Ill put up some pics later. at work now.. Its just one that is transparent black with flame top and black hardware.. But it plays and sounds excellent. There is hardly any filler around the inlays and all the detail like that are very impressive. I had a Elitist and this one WHOMPED it..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
                    here is the epi:

when I had both:

The Washburn Steve Salas:

Jol Dantzig

Comment

that epi looks awesome! i really really love the top on that one.

wish i could participate in the "pull out an old guitar" thing, but i've only got 2 working electrics right now so they both get a lot of playing time

Comment

i just realized, the headstock shot if of the one I sold.. For some reason, the first one I got, (and still have) had a truss cover that said "Standard". The next one said "epiphone". They were both really stellar, but I kept the Standard because, A) it was more proper and B) it just seemed to have alil more mojo. And there was an imperfection in the grain on the one I kept, so I figured the other would sell better..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Yeah, that Epi looks hot! Glad it has the playability to match its looks & also that its helping you play outta the funk!

Thanks for the thread, man ....I Got out my P90 guit today that I hadn't played in a while and HAD A BLAST! I'll never let it sit that long again!

Comment

Working...
                          X