banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed bridge or Vintage Tremolo? Just curious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fixed bridge or Vintage Tremolo? Just curious.

Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
    I prefer fixed
    +1. Vibratos have a detremental effect on tone quality; less string viration is transferred to the body. And too many guys get carried away with them and that gets annoying to listen to.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by PearlyHellhound View Post
      For playing mostly rhythm and twin leads parts. Hard Rock/Metal genre, '80s-90's. Which would work?
      I'm puzzled. I'm seriously trying to understand.

What is the connection between playing rhythm and/or twin leads to the type of bridge you have on the guitar?

Is there any way that the type of bridge might help or limit your rhythm playing? or the twin lead playing?

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
        +1. Vibratos have a detremental effect on tone quality; less string viration is transferred to the body. And too many guys get carried away with them and that gets annoying to listen to.
        Nonsense.

Tremolos with sustain block change the sound dramatically not not in a manner that's good or bad.

Heavy toploaded pieces of metal might be a different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar View Post
          I'm puzzled. I'm seriously trying to understand.

What is the connection between playing rhythm and/or twin leads to the type of bridge you have on the guitar?

Is there any way that the type of bridge might help or limit your rhythm playing? or the twin lead playing?

That's why i hate his threads. Every question this guy asks is either way too vague to answer, or is such a stupid question that any attempt to answer it makes you look dumber.

You can use a guitar with a vibrato, a fixed bridge, or a floating bridge, or anything to play hard rock and leads. Everybody has known that since the 50's. If you had to ask that then you lack important cognitive abilities.

Which would work? Depends on if you can play or not. I'll take one of each please.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
            I'll take one of each please.
            I did

EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
            X