another finishing question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another finishing question.

if i can get the stain off the top i am thinking about just leaving it natural. what would be the best thing to put on it to protect it? there is a lot of moisture and humidity here so i need something that makes a good hard seal. i have already checked and most of the places want $200 and up to just clear coat it. so i figure i might can do it my self. i want to try to avoid rattle cans if i can. because of the moisture and humidity unless you have a controlled room or booth. the rattle cans always tend to turn out cloudy.

Re: another finishing question.

Its all about how you do it. Spray can's can be bad with inexperienced users, but can be great, they're just hard to make great.

$200 is pretty steep, far too steep.

Gotta figure out if you want Nitro or poly for the finish as well!

check out www.reranch.com and the basic refinishing/101 page, should help you out a bit!

Comment

Re: another finishing question.

i have been thinking about it most of the day i may just put a grain sealer on it and then put some tru oil on it. i am not sure yet. if i can get all of the stain off i think it will have a pretty nice flame on it. my next thing to research is neck mounting screws. it has a contoured heel and is set up to use the ferrules instead of a neck plate. which is a first for me.

Comment

Working...
      X