NGD: Ovation Model 1111•1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Ovation Model 1111•1

Hola SDF, its been a while. But I got a nice piece O' guitar to share w/ you today. This is an Ovation that my uncle had for years and years, and when he recently lost his battle with cancer, the family sent it to me, knowing that I'd appreciate it appropriately. It's got a C-shape? neck I'd say, and very low string action; lower than my other acoustic and much lower than my electric (though I set the electric higher intentionally, for slide). There is a problem with a high fret at the 13th, but it only affects the 1st string, and thats not a huge deal, really. It came with a "vintage"-looking case, complete with Historic TWA Checked Baggage tags. Its even got a top-loading bridge, which I love over stupid bridge pins. All it needs now is a pickup!

5th photo is the whole family together.
    Wes Montgomery is the cat.

New quote finally:
    "You can check the inherent resonance of an acoustic guitar by farting into the soundhole."
    -sosomething

Re: NGD: Ovation Model 1111•1

Oh, man the memories!

I've bought one brand new in Rudy's Music Stop in 48th St, NYC in January 1981 just like this one. Even the case looked the same! It was a dream player, it was faster than my Les Paul Custom.

I had to let her go in 1984 due to financial problems...

Comment

That's so cool. I'd love to have a nice Ovation. For live acoustic playing they simply can't be beat.

Is that a rosewood fretboard? Some models from that era had an aluminum fretboard, believe it or not (it looks a lot like ebony - they painted it black).
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Congratulations on the guitar and my condolences for the circumstances in which you recieved it.

Comment

Ovation has a preamp with an MP3 recorder built in, those are quite cool. Sorry to hear about your loss! I'm sure your uncle would be proud you making good use of his old guitar!
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Working...
          X