rattle on the G string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattle on the G string

is my action too loo or is it just a normal string thing, cos i never have had that before
    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Re: rattle on the G string

could be a number of things. what kind of rattle are you getting? fret buzz? if its fret buzz then you might need a fret level, it could also be either the nut, neck tension, action, bridge etc

try to find out exactly where the rattle noise is coming from, loose tuning head pegs can rattle, so can a loose saddle
    our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
    'Cause all the girls are sluts,
    And the beer tastes just like piss.

Comment

with my ear on top of the string and after 5 minutes of litening buzz/rattle is from 2nd and 3rd frets.... none of the other strings do it, but the guitar is in Eb/D# Tuning atm.
      Ich bin mein führer

you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

is it only on the open g? could be the nut cut too low or uneven frets. if you're only having this problem now i'd check the neck and adjust the truss rod accordingly, make sure you have a slight under-bow in the neck.
        if you havn't done it before, maybe a pro setup and fret dress is in order?
        our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
        'Cause all the girls are sluts,
        And the beer tastes just like piss.

Comment

yes i may pop it down to my tech. thing is when we bought it, it was set up but the quality of the setup is in question, i mean despite it being a rugged Squier it has taken a fair hammering and usage over 4 years.

Thanks for the advice i will pop it down if i can't sort it myself
          Ich bin mein führer

Comment

hell yeah
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Hand_Strat View Post
              yes i may pop it down to my tech. thing is when we bought it, it was set up but the quality of the setup is in question, i mean despite it being a rugged Squier it has taken a fair hammering and usage over 4 years.

Thanks for the advice i will pop it down if i can't sort it myself
              So, last time it was setup was 4 years ago?
              "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

three years ago actually LOL my mistake, i was half dozey while replying and what not.

Well it may be partly my fault...... it was set up three years ago but..... Being the fidget i was it wasn't quite there for me and i lowered all the strings, which has made it neither better nor worse to play but the sound is a bit thicker (why i don't know) and i did screw it up a little as i didnt change the intonation at the same time, so it got resutup with the lowered strings and its been fine until now (in mind i had the guitar 2 months then lowered the strings then a week later the thing was set up again with my low strings, quick turnaround eh?)
                Ich bin mein führer

Comment

Working...
                X