Guitar Room Renovation / Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Room Renovation / Move

Over the weekend, I finally got around to combining my computer area and guitar room into one cohesive unit. A lot of stuff you stick in corners, forget about, got found and tossed. However this is not what I want to write about, well sort of. I was trying to devise the best way to get the many guitars out of the way in my new area, ( a little smaller now). I decided it was time to think about wall hangers. I investigated the standard brands and decided that it was going to take some bucks to go that route. I researched on the Web and found a lot of folks just get hooks from Lowes or Home Depot and screw them into the studs. That did not give much distance from the wall unless I mounted a 2x4 and for it to look decent, I would have to sand, finish the edges with a router, and paint. However, I found a system at Lowes that really impressed me and so I went that route. Its called Gladiator GearTrack Channel and the hooks that go in it are called Scoop Hooks. I believe this will allow me to hang both acoustic and electric solid bodies and keep the aesthetics pleasing to the wife. I will mount the GearTrack Channel to the wall studs and the hooks go into the channel. I will post photos later this week when its done. I will have about $60 bucks into this when I am done. With the hook design I feel confident they cannot twist out and fall. I should be able to get 7 to 8 guitars up with this system in a 4 foot section of wall. ====== Using two Channels one over top of the other, about 20" apart, should allow me to alternate the spacing of the guitars. To Be Continued....

Re: Guitar Room Renovation / Move

OK, stage one, here is what the hanger looks like.

and now one completed bracket with guitars.

I think I will paint the lag bolts white so you cannot see them. The room is to be painted soon, same color, off-white, so I may paint the bracket too, same color as the wall so it blends. 4 more guitars will be added to this when I add the 2nd bracket. I may even extend the top one.

I really like the hangers. They are coated and do not allow the guitar to twist.

Comment

very cool - you got me thinking now...

enjoy!!
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

nice!
        ...I wanted to do a bracket after seeing Keith's (PUH) but wound up using the drywall anchors which (I Know) are strong enough to hold ....but now I,m always worried they'll come crashing down......but I digress...

Nice job, looks cool, Enjoy!

Comment

Those 4 3" brass colored lag screws you can see are into the studs. They have a flat washer like top and use a T-30 star head. She will never come down. Thats why I went with this system. It allows me to screw into the studs and to space my guitars the way I like and I could hang on to anyone of the guitars and it would hold!

Comment

Working...
          X