banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD / Do You Really Need A Box To Ship A Guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD / Do You Really Need A Box To Ship A Guitar?

Guitar boxes can be a bit more difficult to procure these days with the advent of ebay, craigslist, and the mail order wharehouses,etc. A couple of local shops around here started charging $20 for boxes- cos the only reason these guys were in the store was looking for a free box to ship the stuff they bought from GC/MF/M123/SA, and sold on Ebay. Luckily I had good rep with my local store as I bought alot there, and they'd give me a few boxes at a time.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

i cant image.. I always overkill with packing.. I once bought a case tho, that was delivered in just a plastic bag..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The ONLY way to ship a guitar is in a case wrapped in bubble, and then boxed.
        -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
        “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I think men can ship a guitar just as well as women.

Thank you.

Comment

^^ i don't get it.

OHHH....now i get it.
            Last edited by Empty Pockets; 07-22-2010, 09:02 PM. Reason: i got t.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
              The card box wouldn't do anything covering a case don't see the problem. In fact with access to the handle there is less chance of the UPS guys dropping it.
              I once got a lap steel delivered in a huge box which previously housed a large synth, plus more packing peanuts than I know what to do with.
              Save them and insulate your garage.
              Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
              I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

I received a guitar shipped in only the case with my address taped to the case! Are you serious!!!?!?

UPS will mail anything in any condition. I saw a guy shipping an extension ladder with the address on a piece of cardboard taped to one of the rungs.
                -=The Dali
                --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

I got one in the mail like that one time....
                  They don't treat them any nicer if its in a box or not in a box, they throw them as hard and far as they can anyway...
                  Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

makes me wonder if they open em and play em and retape them??
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                    X