banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I found this great new feature on my Les Pauls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I found this great new feature on my Les Pauls...

Simon- are you freaking kidding me? really? DUDE!

Man, middle position is where its at for bluesy lead stuff AFAIC.

Also try this- middle pos- Vol full on the bridge position, neck pup vol barely on (2 or so)- Cranked Marshall. Enjoy
    Last edited by JeffB; 07-23-2010, 04:00 PM.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Must be the water over there
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
        Lindsey Buckingham used to use the middle position a lot.
        There is a joke involving Stevie Nicks and taint in here somewhere.
        -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
        “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          Simon- are you freaking kidding me? really? DUDE!
          Experimented with middle position stuff at home alone before but I'm only just starting to try it out at rehearsals and gigs. Flipping the switch or working one knob is easy. Fiddling with two knobs in the glare of the headlights is a bit scary

Comment

i hardly ever not use the middle position, i even wire my strats so THEY have it too!

Comment

Originally posted by j9fd3s View Post
              i hardly ever not use the middle position, i even wire my strats so THEY have it too!
              I can so see myself slapping a 3 pos. switch (goodbye, middle pickup) two volume pots and a master tone pot in my Strat...

This could be interesting! I hadn't thought of this before.
              I use 2 & 4 a lot, but I could live without both and having just one notch position instead.
              Even more so if I could balance them towards neck or bridge with the volume pots.

Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
              Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
              Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
              Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                I can so see myself slapping a 3 pos. switch (goodbye, middle pickup) two volume pots and a master tone pot in my Strat...

This could be interesting! I hadn't thought of this before.
                I use 2 & 4 a lot, but I could live without both and having just one notch position instead.
                Even more so if I could balance them towards neck or bridge with the volume pots.

i do it the stupid way. you just swap the neck and middle pickups at the switch.

so position 1, is the bridge, 2 is bridge and NECK, 3 is NECK, 4 is neck and middle and 5 is middle

the blend knob thing works well too.

mike

Comment

Middle position on a Gibson-type guitar is a beautiful ting.
                  "The disgusting stink of a too loud electric guitar. Now that's my idea of a good time." Frank Zappa

Comment

Clean tones - PG neck and CC bridge; Infinite shades of awesome. The PG bite and snarl, the CC uber-fatness - blend to flavor!

PG bass tightness, plus cc looseness...
                    PG highs and lows, CC mids.

A little tone here, a little volume there - just fantastic any which way!!!!!

Another favorite of mine: Bridge pup full on, neck pup on just a touch - go to the middle setting for almost/semi clean tones from screaming distortion and back again at the flip of a switch.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

My Epi LP is wired 1 Vol. - 2 Tones - 1 Blend. I've always used a lot of both pups.
                      sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                      - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Another favorite of mine: Bridge pup full on, neck pup on just a touch - go to the middle setting for almost/semi clean tones from screaming distortion and back again at the flip of a switch.
                        +1. This is very handy on stage for going from rhythm to lead.
                        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by elscorcho View Post
                          Stupid question #47.......Why don't they come wired this way or why aren't the standard SD diagrams shown this way? What's the advantage to the traditional "non-independent" wiring?
                          Don't know. I've rewire all my guitars for independent volume control, so I'm able to blend PU's. I'd feel handicapped otherwise. Why have two volume controls, when one turns down both PU's?
                          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                            There is a joke involving Stevie Nicks and taint in here somewhere.
                            God I am trying so hard to write one
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I've always used the middle position as my default rhythm setting and the pickups individually for solos. The middle 'both on' sounds seem to sit well behind vocals and there's a lot of character to that position.
                              Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Simon, I thought you had removed the neck pickup and were just using it for smoke bombs.
                                http://www.archive.org/download/card...21t02_64kb.mp3

Comment

Working...
                                X