Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a bunch of crap today

Nothing super major expensive-just upgrades for this

First and foremost she's getting a set of custom scatterwound pickups from Rumpelstiltskin

Bridge- 9.5-10K A3 large flat pole /43g wire 1950 overwound Broadcaster type. aged (aethetically) poles.

Neck- , 7-7.5K A3 pole ,43g wire with a matte (raw) nickel silver cover. Should be a bit clearer and fuller than classic broadcaster type, but not getting into a strat type neck pup sound.

Also ordered up some brass saddles, an electrosocket, new switchcraft jack, and top hat switch tip from StewMac

Frankly the guitar sounds great as it is-even with the steel saddles and stock pickups, but these upgrades should take it over the top
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Ordered a bunch of crap today

Nice, that tele is going to look even better with the brass saddles.

Comment

Sweet! I love upgrading guitars! I feel happy when I notice the difference.

Comment

that tele should ROAR.
        <--- these guys fight, so we can enjoy large tracts of land

Comment

Should look and play sweet!
          BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
          Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
          Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
          Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
          Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
          Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
          Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
          Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
          Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
          Gibson EBO

Comment

Rumpelstiltskin? are they magical?? Never heard of those
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

very cool! we need more pictures of that guitar, that thing looks sweet. either before or after the upgrade.

Comment

Thanks folks!

Rumpel is a newer small (one man, I believe) operation, and his prices are very reasonable and comes highly reccomended on the telecaster.com forums. Fellow's name is Aaron and he was SUPER helpful in answering my questions, offering me advice on putting my wants/needs into specs. He just does Strat & tele pups I believe.

You can hear some clips of his pups HERE. The 10/11K broadcaster winds are at the bottom of the page on the right hand side, but as you can see he does a variety of Tele/Strat styles.
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
                  very cool! we need more pictures of that guitar, that thing looks sweet. either before or after the upgrade.
                  The pics I have right now are not so great- I'll try to get some better ones up after the upgrades, along with a soundclip.

Comment

Working...
                  X