Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bass Players Unite show your Gear!

Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
    I really want a EBMM, I want the new Classic StingRay 2010......But I'm sure the old lady would shoot me...so for now I will bid my time and plan....lol
    How do you like the Redeye?
    I really really like the redeye. It gives me just this great, fat tone and it really sits well in the mix. On top of that, it's got a ton of flexibility of tone. I've never had a single complaint about the sound and it's always very reliable.
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

also I gotta say that ampeg 410 is a real "buster", it weighs 80 lbs. too much for me. 40lbs for each arm aint bad, but its so bulky that it puts stress on my back that I dont like since Im not a weightlifter. anyway Im keeping the 410 but hope gallien comes out with that ultralightweight 410 that weighs 40lbs! I need 4ohm cause those are super loud for my amps.

Comment

Ha ha... I just found a pic of my old ridiculous stack... Ashdown SuperFly, Eden 2 x 10. Ampeg 4 x 10 and 1 x 15.... from that to the Phil Jones eh? Lol....

But these were the heaviest S.O.B's ever... they used to be owned by Maidens Bass player too!

Comment

those r sum REAL 'busters' lol! if roadies and nice casters are there, then fine; but if not, well, that might be a real sacrifice!!

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
            Ha ha... I just found a pic of my old ridiculous stack... Ashdown SuperFly, Eden 2 x 10. Ampeg 4 x 10 and 1 x 15.... from that to the Phil Jones eh? Lol....

But these were the heaviest S.O.B's ever... they used to be owned by Maidens Bass player too!
            I the both of those cabinet set ups, I love Trace, Eden and Ampeg!
            BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
            Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
            Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
            Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
            Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
            Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
            Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
            Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
            Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
            Gibson EBO

Comment

My humble rig and basses. The Jackson Concert EX is the latest acquisition just a couple of months ago. I've had the Rickenbacker since 1985.

Closeups of the one in the middle.

Despite its body shape, it sounds nothing like a P bass. It's very deep, with lots of fundamental, few mids and clear high end.
              The Peavey Fury (red one) sounds like an old classic P bass.
              "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
              Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
              guitar pic site
              Original prog rock on soundcloud
              Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
              Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Sweet basses, I like them all......do you have a favorite? I really like the Bassstar, nice grain...
                Gibson EBO

Comment

The Rick is obviously the one for the Rick tone. I'm using it to record bass parts for some prog rock tunes I wrote.
                  For blues and hard rock, the Peavey is my favorite. Classic P bass tone and the neck feels great. It's slim like some Fender Jazz basses I've tried.
                  I use the Hamer fretless on some of my prog rock and ambient pieces. It's nice, but I think a Pedulla would do the job better.
                  If you saw the thread I put up last night, I have my eye on a Parker USA Fly bass hanging in a shop a couple miles from my house. I don't think I can justify the price, but it sure is nice.
                  "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
                  Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
                  guitar pic site
                  Original prog rock on soundcloud
                  Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
                  Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Sorry about the bad quality photos but here are my Carvin LB70, Carvin B4 (built myself from a kit), and Squier Precision Special (P/J config - upgraded w/Fender '62 P and Duncan Vintage J pickups). The amps are Yorkville Bassmaster 400 1X15" and Carvin BR510N 2X10" combos. The pedals you see with the Carvin amp are Boss TU-2 tuner and Boss Bass Chorus.

Comment

Great job on the Carvin, when ever I get a Carvin catalog I always find my way to that page. And wonder how it would sound......so how does it sound lol!
                      Gibson EBO

Comment

Here's my son Drew with his new Squier Classic Vibe. I just found a nice old Peavey TNT 130 for him to play it through, thereby dominating the volume war in his first band.

He and I have been going halvsies on his gear to get him started - that way he's more likely to take my sage advice. From here on out, he's on his own, though.
                        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Nice solid set up, and your a good father and role model. Teaching him the value of a buck sure doesn't hurt either.
                          Gibson EBO

Comment

very cool rich! those old peavey amps are good stuff too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
                              Nice solid set up, and your a good father and role model. Teaching him the value of a buck sure doesn't hurt either.
                              Wish my son Michael would take up the guitar or bass one of these days...He has a really nice Pro Tone strat that I bought him new when Thoroughbred was going out of business...Maybe one day? He does recording and has a really good ear...He can play keys pretty good also..
                              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
                              X