banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I insane? The PRS and the SG are gone... by choice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I insane? The PRS and the SG are gone... by choice!

That's right. Both guitars that I really enjoyed are now gone. I realized I could only play 1 guitar at a time, so I should have the best guitar I've ever laid hands on. Period. So I sold both guitars.

Now, the replacement is here.

- Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Re: Am I insane? The PRS and the SG are gone... by choice!

Not as crazy as I am for selling my Bogner.

So what'dya get?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
      Not as crazy as I am for selling my Bogner.

So what'dya get?
      But see, I'm sure you had a reason to sell the Bogner. In my case, it was just a question as I felt that both guitars got me really good tone, but I needed to find my soul mate.

I guess you could say I am ready to settle down.

Let me check if I can find a camera somewhere to take a picture of the new guitar.
      - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Hopefully it's not that big harry penis guitar that floats around ebay every once in awhile...
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
          Hopefully it's not that big harry penis guitar that floats around ebay every once in awhile...
          hah!

soo whatdcha get?
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Hurry up.

Comment

Tease threads = Fail.

Post pics or face punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by tc View Post
                Tease threads = Fail.

Hurry up.

Comment

He's here! He's here!

Phil 104 replying to thread...

Comment

Originally posted by tc View Post
                    Tease threads = Fail.

Alright, alright. Keep your panties on.

2010 Les Paul Traditional, in Honey Burst. Got it at my favorite shop, Lauzon Music. By far the best guitar I have played. It's heavy, very heavy. It sustains for hours, to the point where it's ridiculous. The top looks like a plain top from some angle, and when I move, different layers of flame appear.

In terms of tone, she has a fuller, punchier tone than most Standards I have played. Sounds a lot like my friend's 75 actually. Almost as heavy. The sounds is very balanced, but it has really strong mids, with a deep low end, and very smooth highs.

Anyways, I was digging the SG more than the PRS, but was wishing that I could get a little more balls out of my SG. This fit the bill. It just feels right. Spent 7 hours in stores, just playing everything I could get my hands on, regardless of price.

In all price ranges, this is what came out on top. It felt and sounded better than some of the custom shops I found.

Anyways, I like it a lot right now. Please excuse the camera phone picture, and the drunk idiot face.

I was never a LP guy. Ever. The only other one I found was a studio faded. This though, just feels right.

Comment

nice...

what p/ups are in it?

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
                        Alright, alright. Keep your panties on.

2010 Les Paul Traditional, in Honey Burst. Got it at my favorite shop, Lauzon Music. By far the best guitar I have played. It's heavy, very heavy. It sustains for hours, to the point where it's ridiculous. The top looks like a plain top from some angle, and when I move, different layers of flame appear.

In terms of tone, she has a fuller, punchier tone than most Standards I have played. Sounds a lot like my friend's 75 actually. Almost as heavy. The sounds is very balanced, but it has really strong mids, with a deep low end, and very smooth highs.

Anyways, I was digging the SG more than the PRS, but was wishing that I could get a little more balls out of my SG. This fit the bill. It just feels right. Spent 7 hours in stores, just playing everything I could get my hands on, regardless of price.

In all price ranges, this is what came out on top. It felt and sounded better than some of the custom shops I found.

Anyways, I like it a lot right now. Please excuse the camera phone picture, and the drunk idiot face.

I was never a LP guy. Ever. The only other one I found was a studio faded. This though, just feels right.
                        Good for you man! But ya shoulda kept the SG! God damn Mother ****er!!

Comment

sorry... i just like SGs what can I say?

Comment

but seriously... cool guitar bro.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
                              nice...

what p/ups are in it?
                              Burstbuckers!

Comment

Working...
                              X