Warmoth Strat nut width and vintage trem question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Strat nut width and vintage trem question

I'm soon going to need to order a neck from Warmoth for my Strat body and I would prefer a 1 11/16 nut width on the Vintage Modern compound radius, as this is what I am used to on my Jackson guitars.

However, with a slightly wider nut width, how will this affect the playability of the Strat, since (I believe) Fender uses 1 5/8?
    We have been spellbound... BY THE DEVIL!!!!!!

Re: Warmoth Strat nut width and vintage trem question

ive got one like that. its a vintage modern (cbs style actually) thin neck, with the 1 11/16ths witdh. i got it used, so i'm not sure, but it feels like a 16 radius?

it feels WIDE and FLAT to me. i like the wide, but not so much the flat.

my other warmoth neck is a thin vintage, 7.25 radius with a 1 5/8th nut. i like the 7.25, but i wish it was wider

mechanically 5/8 = 10/16ths so its only 1/16 bigger, 0.0625" or 1.6mm, it doesn't really present any hardware problems

mike

Comment

I actually prefer the 1 11/16 nut width. My Warmoth strat fits that spec and the neck plays like a dream. IIRC I got the compound 10-16", but it could be just a standard 9.5 radius too. It's been long enough that I can't remember exactly. And like j9fd3s said, the difference is really minimal, so it just comes down to personal choice.

Warmoth makes great necks, so whatever you choose I'm sure you will like.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

The neck I'm going for is the Strat Vintage Modern 10-16" compound radius.

Not sure if I want 21 or 22 frets tho. Probably 22 as this is what I'm used to on most of my guitars.

Edit:

59 roundback profile too
        Last edited by BrockSamson; 07-28-2010, 05:12 PM.
        We have been spellbound... BY THE DEVIL!!!!!!

Comment

Most modern-style Strats are 1-11/16th anyway.

Myself I cannot play 1-5/8" so my playability vote goes to 1-11/16"

The 59 roundback profile is very good IMHO.

Comment

Working...
          X