What a difference on my Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference on my Jackson

one of my main guitars for years was a 1994 Jackson performer series... for a while i had a FRO on it but the posts were located for a Schaller style floyd and it never intonated right so i stuck the Jackson bridge back on for a few years... ended up just buying a Schaller Floyd as i like the upgrades to these bridges... i remember years ago the soft base Schallers having nothing but stripped screw issues... now that they have hardened inserts for the saddle screws it makes it a nicer bridge again...

anyways the FRO sounded the best for sure on this guitar but i was not going to plug and re-drill for it... the Schaller is much better then the Jackson cheapie... the Schaller holds the tuning better, the sound is brighter and fuller...

i have a 1996 Jackson Performer Reverse Dinky just like my 94 so when i get back from holidays i'm going to order a Schaller for it too... dam it makes a massive difference

Re: What a difference on my Jackson

Photos please?
    "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

Originally posted by cakire82 View Post
      Photos please?
      wish i knew how... i have some serious learning to do and i can't seem to work photo sites and link them... i'm a dummy...

freakin nice photo of it i took the other day... really shows the red sunburst finnish well... i also have a dark blue one that will get the Schaller too....

i almost bought a few more of these mid 90's Performer Reverse Dinky Jacksons over the years... they can be had for cheaper prices on the used market... i love them in a lot of ways... not such a huge fan of the reverse headstock but the guitar on a whole is nice

Comment

Originally posted by cakire82 View Post
        Photos please?
        best i can do is offer this old Youtube video of me jamming with some coworkers for a talent show... this was before i added the Schaller bridge... it has an old 80's JB in the bridge... the amp was a driven loud Peavey C30...

thankfully i've lost some more weight since this was filmed.... LOL

Comment

make sure the images on your hard drive or camera are .jpg not .JPG photobucket is case sensitve
          once the image is loaded
          select the image
          then select the img code on the left side
          return here and paste it straight up
          ****Quote this post to see what it the enitre text looks like*********
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Look into Gotoh Floyds as well. They'll fit almost anything and are right up there in quality. MIJ as well, can't go wrong and cheaper then Schaller Floyds. No soft metals in Gotohs

Comment

Originally posted by kramer.geetar View Post
              Look into Gotoh Floyds as well. They'll fit almost anything and are right up there in quality. MIJ as well, can't go wrong and cheaper then Schaller Floyds. No soft metals in Gotohs
              Hasn't been my experience. For one they do NOT fit almost anything; the studs and posts are way bigger and deeper than Schaller. Won't fit into many Superstrats without bottoming out or the posts will not fit your area between the pickup route and the trem route because they are too fat. I like them too, they look like great units, but also there are NO parts or support. Try and find a template or a spare arm.
              I have one sitting around I'm not sure if i'LL ever be able to use.
              I dont like OFr, Schaller JT590's, JT580 's, but i do like the JT580 Takeuchi; better grade trem and the fine tune buttons are at an angle that they don't hit my palm very easily.All the others just hit my palm and detune. Another thing that seems good about the Gotoh, in theory is the fine tune buttons angled away from palm contact.
              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

The Gotoh floyd style is a good bridge in a lot of ways... there is alot worse Floyd copies going around... but Gotohs studs are meant to be drilled in the same place as a FRO... Schaller style soft base floyds are slightly closer to the neck... The Jackson copies on these Performer series have posts drilled to Schaller specs... so instead of pluging and re-drilling it's just easier to buy a Schaller... they are nice trems now with the harden screw inserts in the base... no more easy stripping on the saddle adjustment screws...

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan View Post
                  best i can do is offer this old Youtube video of me jamming with some coworkers for a talent show... this was before i added the Schaller bridge... it has an old 80's JB in the bridge... the amp was a driven loud Peavey C30...

thankfully i've lost some more weight since this was filmed.... LOL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ232VyVm84
                  Great looking guitar man. Youtube video worked out well.
                  "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

Working...
                  X