Warmoth 7/8 Strat Project Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth 7/8 Strat Project Pics

A few pics of the body I just got from Warmoth. It's a 7/8 scale alder body with a pearl white finish. I'm still trying to figure out what pickups to install. I'm about to order a 24.75 scale birdseye maple/indian rosewood Warhead neck. I'm hoping it turns out as good as I think it will when it's all finished...
    '05 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '11 Taylor 414CE
    Orange Rockerverb 50

Re: Warmoth 7/8 Strat Project Pics

very cool

let us know how it comes out

reminds me of the valley arts guitar larry carlton was playing back in the 80s (7/8 size gibby scale board) ... i think he actually used EMGs in that era, iirc ... i bet a 59b and a pair of lil59s would be pretty sweet if you are going for that vibe

what kind of music will you be playing with it? what kind(s) of amp(s)?
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I'm thinking a pickup set that will get me in the 80s rock sound, but will also do some heavy blues stuff. There are a lot of bands from that era that I like, so I'm not trying to get any one players tone. I'm just trying to find something that'll get me in the ballpark. I'm using a Orange Rockerverb 50...
      '05 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '11 Taylor 414CE
      Orange Rockerverb 50

Comment

is the 7/8 option a standard offering or is that part of their custom body options?

Comment

nice... years ago Warmoth offered that 7/8 stuff but for a long time they pulled it from their catalog... i was glad to see it's back... in the early 90's i was going to build a super strat out of the 7/8th stuff... but went with a full sized strat instead...

Comment

ah, in that case, consider the JB (b) and hot rails (m) and (n) .. for a little different tone (perhaps a bit more van halen-ish, try a CC in the bridge
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan View Post
              nice... years ago Warmoth offered that 7/8 stuff but for a long time they pulled it from their catalog... i was glad to see it's back... in the early 90's i was going to build a super strat out of the 7/8th stuff... but went with a full sized strat instead...
              Aside from the availability of the smaller body, what advantage does this series offer over ordering a normal sized body with a 24 3/4" conversion neck? Are there other features that aren't an option on the standard line?

Comment

Fair enough. That's a good feature for some people. For me, the next time I put together a partscaster I'll probably just get a standard body and conversion neck. If for no other reason than to have replacement parts easy to find (i.e. pickguards).

I do really like that headstock shape though.
                Last edited by ibanezrocks; 08-01-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X