Polishing Black Chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing Black Chrome?

Does anyone have any experience or ideas on a possible safe way to polish the black chrome hardware that some guitars have (Schecter for example) so that it looks like just good old shiny chrome?

On the floyd on my Schecter it's started to rub off where my palm sits so it doesn't have the smoked look to it anymore, which gave me the idea that maybe there'd be a safe way to do it and I'm toying with the idea that polished chrome hardware would look pretty cool.

Re: Polishing Black Chrome?

With all the individual parts on a Floyd, it seems like an extremely labor intensive task, if it can even be done. Would it be worth the time you'd put into it?
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
        With all the individual parts on a Floyd, it seems like an extremely labor intensive task, if it can even be done. Would it be worth the time you'd put into it?
        Eh I don't know... probably not in the long run haha. The tuning pegs would be a major PITA as well.

I was very tired and the thought happen to run through my mind last night when I posted the thread.

I still haven't given up on the idea yet though

Comment

Working...
        X