Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Gilmour Strats... show me yours

Hey all,

Very interested in David Gilmour Strats, specifically his red one. I know quite a few of you have done them and I have a Warmoth body destined for a DG-20 and want to know your opinions.

Would you go 21 or 22 frets?? David's is 21 from all of the pictures that I can fine, so stay true or go 22?

Show me what you've done to your Strats!!
    We have been spellbound... BY THE DEVIL!!!!!!

Re: David Gilmour Strats... show me yours

I think you've seen pics of mine. I have the DG-20 set in an ash Fender body from '76, along with an old Dimarzio trem with a huge brass block, a set of gold Schaller tuners, and Graphtech saddles. The neck is a 22 fret unit off of an Am Dlx Strat. I like the big frets and rounded 'board edges. That's pretty much it. I have the trem floating a bit and I string up with DR Pure Blues in their 9-42 set.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I planned a black on black strat with white pickups a while ago and started getting into Gilmour and Pink Floyd for the first time as I was doing it, so it's kind of ironic...

Mine is a 62 reissue body with a "Francisco" neck that I got from a friend. I used a Blue Velvet Neck pickup and True Velvet middle and bridge and Wilkinson Vintage style trem. It's the one on the left in the picture.

www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Do you want to one of copy his guitars or the Sig Fender or do you want to be "Gilmouresque."

I took an "inspired by" approach and set my JV Strat up with an SSL-5 bridge and CS '69 neck pups and Gilmour type wiring. It isn't a Gilmour looking thing it looks like a regular white Strat.

Do you have the DG-20 setup yet?
        It is possible that mankind is on the threshold of a golden age; but, if so, it will be necessary first to slay the dragon that guards the door, and this dragon is religion.

--Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
        X