new vintage correct bodies from Warmoth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new vintage correct bodies from Warmoth

makes me wonder what the differences are between Warmoths standard strat and tele bodies and the Vintage correct ones... i could see the tummy cut being deeper on a vintage correct body.... but what would the difference be on the tele body.... slightly different body lines?

Re: new vintage correct bodies from Warmoth

according to a few guys at TDPRI their telecaster body is pretty much completely wrong i've got a tele deluxe from them and prefer what they changed. apparently the edges of the body are more rounded on warmoth's modern tele are more rounded. on the vintage model they would be a bit more sharp.

also, the vintage tele bodies have the pickup control route on the top (which means you'd need a pickguard to cover it) while the modern body just has a wiring channel that you can't see, so all you'd need would be the chrome control cover.

there might be a few other differences (i don't think the pickguard for one would fit the body of the other) but those are the ones i definitely know.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan View Post
      makes me wonder what the differences are between Warmoths standard strat and tele bodies and the Vintage correct ones... i could see the tummy cut being deeper on a vintage correct body.... but what would the difference be on the tele body.... slightly different body lines?
      The Strat shape has always been off.

Myself I didn't buy Warmoth Strat bodies because they have an overhang in the front of the tremolo route, not only in the back like they are supposed to. Translation: there is wood missing where the 6 tremolo screws go. I'm not gonna buy that.

Comment

Depends which vintage the exposed channel on the tele was only between '52 and '61 and then again on reissues.
        "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
          The Strat shape has always been off.

Myself I didn't buy Warmoth Strat bodies because they have an overhang in the front of the tremolo route, not only in the back like they are supposed to. Translation: there is wood missing where the 6 tremolo screws go. I'm not gonna buy that.

wood missing where the 6 screws go? i don't see it in the photos...

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan View Post
            wood missing where the 6 screws go? i don't see it in the photos...
            i think he means that the 6 screws can poke through into the trem cavity. it's something that i've only seen once. warmoth said that it was normal. a little weird, but nothing that would turn me off to their bodies.

but then again i wouldn't use a 6 hole trem, so i guess i wouldn't have the same problem with it as somebody who would be using one.

Comment

No, that's not what I mean.

Look into the trem cavity from the bottom. Towards the back there is an overhang of thin body wood, basically the top extending a little over the trem route so that it looks nicer but the block can move towards the back. That's with a real Strat trem.

Now look into a Warmoth body routed for 6-point trem. It has a similar but smaller overhang to the front, too. That's not OK in my book since it removed wood between the 6 screws and the trem block cavity. I believe this comes from them making a universal trem route first (oversized for some specific trems) without punching through the top and then only later when somebody orders a specific body they finish it by making the hole on top.

Comment

ah ok, looking at the bodies i can definitely see what you mean. strangely it looks like it's still there with their new "vintage" bodies (unless i'm looking at the wrong thing entirely).

just curious, what would that affect? besides allowing the bridge to float a little more than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
                  just curious, what would that affect? besides allowing the bridge to float a little more than usual.
                  Well you could pull up higher but who does that?

I think that removing wood mass directly where the tremolo is anchored will water down the sound. I'm too lazy to test that by taking a perfectly find body and convert it to the Warmoth scheme so I'm going to figure from past routing experiments.

Very disappointing that Warmoth opted to continue to do this but hardly surprising. They want their universal route for streamlined first-stage production.

Comment

Now your sounding like me! Lol

If the wood is good and resonant I doubt it makes a difference.
                    The hang is very very small. I mean it only takes away a sliver of wood
                    Ibanez Roadstar II
                    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
                    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

Originally posted by tone? View Post
                      Now your sounding like me! Lol

If the wood is good and resonant I doubt it makes a difference.
                      The hang is very very small. I mean it only takes away a sliver of wood
                      Yeah but I have the free choice to buy a body elsewhere that has the same chance of getting good wood and doesn't have this problem. In fact I know of no other company doing this.

I don't like to assume that <xyz> doesn't make an audible difference without having tested it. And in this case I'm not going to test it.

I am perfectly happy with my Warmoth Tele neck and body. But this, nope. And none of that double truss rod nonsense for me either.

Comment

Hey man where do you get bodies from?

I got like 5 bodies and necks from USACG and did a bunch of combinations and they ALL came out nothing short of soundning like poo

so I don't know how much that little tang of wood makes a difference but I'm with ya that I would option for it fixed as well
                        Ibanez Roadstar II
                        EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
                        VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

They all were brittle bright and had no body
                          almost drove me crazy cause I couldn't put my finger on it.
                          Ibanez Roadstar II
                          EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
                          VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Comment

Originally posted by tone? View Post
                            Hey man where do you get bodies from?
                            For Tele, I have a Warmoth black Korina and a random Ash body from Ebay.

For Strat-alikes I usually cons up old Blazers and Roadstar IIs, apart from having a 2008 MIA Strat.

Comment

bhefner.com you can get 50s 60s or 70s contours on the strat bodies anyways.My 50s body seems very accurate to me....and was only $125 unfinished

Comment

Working...
                              X