News Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Flash

Allparts is advertising the return of push-push pots. http://www.allparts.com/500K-Push-Pu...tm?Click=16400
    "The disgusting stink of a too loud electric guitar. Now that's my idea of a good time." Frank Zappa

Re: News Flash

I wasn't aware that they were away...
    Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Not a fan of the push push pots. I've had too many fail on me. AvPush Pull, or a simple toggle works better for me.
      MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
      MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
      MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
      69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
      Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
      Martin D28

Comment

Those are garbage!

I went through 3 of them in less than 2 months a few years ago...

I switched to DiMarzio branded CTS Push/Pull pots and stopped having issues!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Maybe the reason that they were gone is because Allparts realized the design was garbage and went back to the drawing board to come up with a better one?

Just sayin'
          Originally posted by ratherdashing
          If you don't see the value of a good 1 watt tube amp, it probably means one or more of the following:

- You live out in the country
          - You hate your neighbours
          - You mistakenly believe that your big amp with the master volume at 0.5 sounds good
          - You love solid state amps
          - You don't actually play guitar
          - You kick puppies

Comment

Originally posted by Koreth View Post
            Maybe the reason that they were gone is because Allparts realized the design was garbage and went back to the drawing board to come up with a better one?

Just sayin'
            Nope...All Parts doesn't make anything, they sell stuff...those pots are made by Alpha
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I stand corrected then.
              Originally posted by ratherdashing
              If you don't see the value of a good 1 watt tube amp, it probably means one or more of the following:

- You live out in the country
              - You hate your neighbours
              - You mistakenly believe that your big amp with the master volume at 0.5 sounds good
              - You love solid state amps
              - You don't actually play guitar
              - You kick puppies

Comment

I went through several pairs of push/push, some from Warmoth, some All Parts. I believe they were the same manufacturer. Garbage. The plastic spring catch failed on all of them and the spring forced them into the up position permanently. Good idea - terribly implemented.
                Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Working...
                X