X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tell me about agile guitars

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
    ^ glad you like it.

Agiles are fun. You save a lot of money over paying for a brand name... I mean I like epiphone still but one does pay more to have the whole "licensed by Gibson" thing goin on.

From what I've read, the Al-2000, 2500 or whatever series seems to be hit or miss with people who buy them.
    I've yet to hear someone say they hate an al-3000, 3000M, 3100, or 4000 series and I looked up a lot of dang reviews before buying my agile. I was skeptical, and who wouldn't be? Not anymore though.
    Yes I to went threw a ton of reviews and clips,demos and truthfully some of then gave me the concern that it might be a little thin sounding kinda of like some of the lower leval EPI I tried. But man was pleasently surprised by nice thick full deep resonance it has. Rad!

Comment

For being such heaping pieces of crap, I was really taken aback! The necks are quite decent and feel good and have a subtsantial finish. The Body might be a boat anchor, but I'm sure it might respond nicely to certain pickup changes ( I disagree about one of the other pickup swap recommendations though , I think it'd be a total waste of time). Overall the quality is surprisingly good, which is amazing to some of us older guys, but that doesn't mean the quality is amazing, just saying. Cheap guitars have taken tremendous strides since the days of Yore.
      I'd say sure, if it was going to be a intermediate guitar, or something just to have fun with.
      Again, the neck is pretty, dare i say it, nice!
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        gorgeous flame
        "O Boy O BOY GORGEOUS FLAME!!!!!!"

its veneer bloodrose, and have you really ever seen a guitar with truly "gorgeous"flame?
        i'd think by now you would have.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

How thick does a piece of figured wood have to be to look gorgeous? There's a 3/4" piece of plain maple beneath that veneer so it' only for cosmetics.

I think it's the finish applied to veneered guitars that mask the characteristics of the figured wood more so than the thickness of the veneer itself.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
            "O Boy O BOY GORGEOUS FLAME!!!!!!"

its veneer bloodrose, and have you really ever seen a guitar with truly "gorgeous"flame?
            i'd think by now you would have.
            Yeah, I know the difference and have seen a guitar or 2 in my day. I was just saying that it was nice looking. I have a guitar with a flame maple veneer that acually has a knot hole in it.. Not so nice looking..

There was a small luthier that used to run a shop about a quarter mile away from me. He was kind enough to walk me thru the shop one day and show me blocks of maple he had curing. showed me how it is they actually "disease" it (or however youd say it) .
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
            X