CTS Pots. Did I get ripped off?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTS Pots. Did I get ripped off?!

I bought some 500k CTS audio taper pots on ebay. I can't get a good non-blurry pic, but I'll tell you exactly what is engraved on the bottom of the pot:

2112362 MOJO 500K A 1002

Is it just me, or shouldn't it say "CTS" on this pot? Let me know if you think I've been given the wrong pots. The description and invoice for the pots I bought read: "500K Audio Taper Pot CTS Short Split Shaft w/Nut"

Re: CTS Pots. Did I get ripped off?!

Guess they are CTS made for Mojo Musical Supply:
    Johnny

Comment

I guess I have "premium selected" pots? but I was just surprised that CTS, which is the brand name so lauded and the one that I was putting down extra money for, wasn't engraved on the pot. I better check with the seller but I guess I have some nice CTS pots here.

Comment

They're specially made for Mojotone.com and have a slightly better taper than the CTS branded. They're what they use to build their excellent harnesses. REALLY good stuff!

HTH,

Comment

CTS makes pots for a lot of different distributors, and marks them with the part designation of their choice. Most of the time they end up not having CTS stamped anywhere on them.

Comment

Working...
          X