No announcement yet.

Brand new kahler fulcrums!!!!! Wheee!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new kahler fulcrums!!!!! Wheee!!!

I just bought a NOS Black Kahler Killer. Excellent trem. Kills my Floyds.
    Anyways I emailed Kahler about maybe producing new trems, since Floyd patents are dead. I'm not gonna paste the whole back and forth but here ya go:

Thank you for your inquiry and kind words… We are in the ending stages of R&D for our new fulcrum bridge that is scheduled to come out in approx 6 months that will blow away anything ever seen in the Tremolo business.. Keep an eye out and thank you for rockin with us.

Best Regards,

Nick Wilbur

I'm GASSSING SO HARD AND THEY"RE NOT EVEN HERE YET!! I hope this doesn't turn out like Star Wars Episode 1......

Re: Brand new kahler fulcrums!!!!! Wheee!!!

HMMM, interesting.

Wonder if they're bringing back the "STEELER".
    sigpic
    http://www.heddatheband.com

New HEDDA CD now available:
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hedda2

HEDDA video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LuSksz-J8

Comment

I don't know. Looking at the Kalher Killer though I was thinking how crappy it is for the guitar players that so much of "this" is Floyd patented and so much of "that" is Kahler patented. By the early 90's they were at such a war that we were never gonna see the best trem possible..... For licensing reasons as well as egos.
      Well, Gary Kahler is the Steve Jobs of guitar hardware, IMO. Smaller fan-base, better engineering. I'm really excited. I already know what I'm getting for christmas. Now I get to build another guitar.

Comment

this sounds extremely cool... worth it for me to hold off on my current project? i wonder... i'm GASing so hard for a floyd-equipped guitar, and this thing is a bridge and a neck away from being done. i thought i knew i was getting an OFR and the neck would be purchased soon. decisions decisions. maybe i'll try to find a cheap-o licensed to throw in there until i see what kahler has up their sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by kherman View Post
          hmmm, interesting.

Wonder if they're bringing back the "steeler".
          +1
          BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
          Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
          Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
          Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
          Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
          Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
          Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
          Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
          Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
          Gibson EBO

Comment

Wow I need to check into that as the Steeler is the best trem IMO ever built!!
            My old Carvin sales rep was working for Kahler wonder if he's still over there hmmm---
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonrr View Post
              Well, Gary Kahler is the Steve Jobs of guitar hardware, IMO. Smaller fan-base, better engineering. I'm really excited. I already know what I'm getting for christmas. Now I get to build another guitar.
              ... try different fan base and different industries. And I sure hope not, I don't want my Floyd to be a fad with reception issues

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                ... try different fan base and different industries. And I sure hope not, I don't want my Floyd to be a fad with reception issues
                Or to have service people that think you're mentally handicapped and that their product is the best "because it's the best!"
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Somewhere buried deep in an old hard drive folder I have an old Inbox file that contains an email I received from Gary Kahler some years ago that includes a pic of an acoustic guitar he installed a double-locking tremolo on, with a diagram showing the cutaway/internal view.

He used a spring from an old screen door and hooked it to the neck joint on the inside.

I've searched for that pic for years, but various revisions of MS's email apps don't play well with old file formats.
                  Originally posted by Brown Note
                  I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                  My Blog

Comment

I once bought an japanese only issue Kramer purple burst and it had a steeler I think.. kahler but VERY similar to OFR and it was great.. I hated that I had to sell that guit.. I put a JB in it and it was a MONSTER>
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Steeler, Killer, and Spyders were all awesome trems. What always got me were the string lock behind the nut, which took PERFECT nut slots to stay in tune properly. They did, however, have those super cool locknuts with the string retainer integrated...

Comment

I have a one kahler fulcrum, two OFRs, a gotoh FR and a Kahler 2300(pro cam).
                        I am trying to sell both guitars on CL and eBay right now that have OFRs and I did not get them last week. I have had to break out my mini-files and do extensive work to both of the OFRs, which were brand new at the time. Their fabrication is just not up to par and I don't like the arm holder, no choice in arm swing.
                        Gotohs I have zero problems with. Check with John Suhr on that one.
                        The kahler Killer is my fav fulcrum right now. My hand just feels so nice against those absolutely flat string module things. It has a similar feel to the Gotohs and OFRs and keeps tune as well as you'd expect. A cool thing with it is you can whammy an individual string. The fine tuners have a much greater range than any of my trems. You can set the radius without shims.
                        The Pro Cam I have does have that issue with the string bending, but I don't care. Unlike fulcrum systems I can have ultra-low action and do major pull-ups without the string coming down and buzzing a fret or just muting all together.

I didn't want this thread to get so childish but whatever. Kahler vs Floyd thread 5 million and one....

Comment

Any updates on the new Kahlers?

Comment

Go to the Kahler website. I'm stoked. I just don't have a few hundred bucks for one. Maybe someday...

Comment

I've been checking KahlerUSA.com often over the past several months. Latest news is that they launched a new website in 2010. Under products, all I see is their traditional Cam tremolos, nothing Fulcrum. Am I missing something or do I have the wrong web address?

Comment

Working...
                              X