Joe Perry rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Perry rig

/\ Good way of putting it. Great combo of players live really. Heard Joe took a mic to the head Thursday night in Long Island at Jones Beach.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
      Heard Joe took a mic to the head Thursday night in Long Island at Jones Beach.
      Oof. What's the story behind that?
      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

From AF1 forum

Mother Popcorn wrote: "....

Joe also seemed to be laboring through a few of the songs…fighting the guitar rather than having a free flow of fluid energy… This was particularly evident during Sweet Emotion… Joe was standing in front of his Marshall cabinets, eliciting feedback by bending the neck and headstock.

All the while, the band was poised to bring the song home and finish. Steven was standing on Joey’s riser looking over at Joe, just waiting for him to bring the song back around.

When Joe finally started to make his way over to Joey’s riser, Steven jumped back down to stage level and swung his mic stand and inadvertently slammed it down across the top of Joe’s head… There was quite a loud thud…

Needless to say, Steven looked a bit shocked and Joe was clearly pissed. As Steven was making his way back to see Joe at the conclusion of the song, Joe turned away and threw his black Strat into the Marshall cabinets at the back of the stage…

It took a while for Joe to reappear, and Steven did his best to make amends… In his own words, “sh*t happens”… After a while, all appeared to be fine.

...."
        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Joe's Oxblood I'm assuming that that is one of the unofficial late 90's versions not the expensive reissue from last year. Which is why the bridge pickup is in the normal place. On Jeff's the bridge pickup is closer to the bridge because of how is was converted from p-90's and that is why the pick guard doesn't fit. The unofficial ones some people claim sound better than the official ones.
          "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

The photos are excellent...Thanks for sharing.
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
            X