X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: frankenstrat replica

Originally posted by elvhfan
    what up guys,
    following are pics of the frankenstrat my buddy made me...i had one of these a few years ago that he built and i stupidly sold it...this thing is exactly like ed's...down to the cigarette burns...i'm also having him build me one with no stripes that i can play live...

Very cool guitar !! What pickup have you got in the bridge? I`m assuming the neck pickup isn`t hooked up? Nice Guitar!!
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by Shnook
      Awesome replica! Nicer looking than those Charvel production EVH guitars getting ready to hit the stores at $2600 by a long shot. Sweet!
      Those guitars are hand made by EVH himself btw. Can't get more real than that. I must say though, that is the best Frankenstrat I've ever seen. What is your friend's email?

~Jim
      For info about my equipment, recordings, guitar lessons, and other cool stuff, check out www.jimzucco.tk

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Zucco
        Those guitars are hand made by EVH himself btw. Can't get more real than that. I must say though, that is the best Frankenstrat I've ever seen. What is your friend's email?

~Jim
        Those production model Charvel's are not made by EVH in any way shape or form. The EVH Art Series guitars that are selling on eBay for around $10,000 or so are hand taped by EVH. Charvel does the painting and assembling. Note that there's 2 different lines here. The Art Series and the production models. Ed's not making anything on the production models but money. And I don't consider taping to equal making. However, he is playing some of them onstage for a song or two. Or at least he was. He hasn't done that the last couple of shows.
        Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
        www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shnook
          Those production model Charvel's are not made by EVH in any way shape or form. The EVH Art Series guitars that are selling on eBay for around $10,000 or so are hand taped by EVH. Charvel does the painting and assembling. Note that there's 2 different lines here. The Art Series and the production models. Ed's not making anything on the production models but money. And I don't consider taping to equal making. However, he is playing some of them onstage for a song or two. Or at least he was. He hasn't done that the last couple of shows.
          I guess you're right that I shouldn't say that he made them. But the fact that he even touched them would mean something to a lot of people. Anyway, how can I get ahold of this Rol guy to maybe get some specs for this guitar or maybe even order one off him?

~Jim
          For info about my equipment, recordings, guitar lessons, and other cool stuff, check out www.jimzucco.tk

Comment

that guitar was NOT made by rol...i'll have to check with my friend if he wants his identity revealed here...

EVH is GOD

check out the Splawn Fans Forum at http://splawnfans.proboards38.com

Comment

i picked up a peavey wolfgang special cheap on monday, not an EVH fan, this guitar is sweet!
              "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
              X