String noise problem caused by?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String noise problem caused by?

Hi, my main guitar (McNaught Phoenix Rising) tends to produce a lot of string noise when I, for example, bend the 18th fret on the B string up a whole step and vibrato it for a couple seconds - I think it's from hitting against the G string. It makes a whole lot more noise than my cheaper Ibanez S. They both have the same strings and same pickup, Duncan Full Shred (SH-10), however the McNaught has active electronics. Could the active electronics be causing more string noise? Or is it more likely because the McNaught's action is just "too low" and when bending you just MUST get string noise.

Any ideas? I'm not sure how the active electronics affects the sound of the pickup really. It's a simple pickup blend knob, that's all.

Re: String noise problem caused by?

a whole step bend is going to cause you to move more than just the B string, are you being careful to not accidentally pick or fret the G string? When you bend are your fingers sliding somewhat underneath the G and causing noise? do you get more or less noise when you dont add vibrato to the bend? tons of things could be happening here.
    Beer me!
    Originally posted by Kam
    ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

Working...
    X