Sensei Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensei Build

Here's a link to my current build. If you all want, I'll start poasting pics here behind the link.

Re: Sensei Build

I think what you are doing for your nephew is awesome. I don't know how old he is, but I hope he appreciates what you are doing for him. Having a custom guitar MADE to order at such a young age...... WOW. I hope he develops some awesome chops playing it.
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Great work

Please do keep us posted!

Comment

Very cool project man! Lucky nephew, very very lucky!
        "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

I'd like to see how it turns out as well. So far it's a fantastic project.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Wow......what a beautiful piece of art!
            BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
            Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
            Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
            Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
            Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
            Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
            Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
            Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
            Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
            Gibson EBO

Comment

That s--- is insanely good!! Wow!

I tried making a guitar once, it went in the garbage can.
              We have been spellbound... BY THE DEVIL!!!!!!

Comment

lol!!!

Thanks guys! My Nephew is 17, turning 18 in October. His Dad plays guitar, his Mom plays several things, so he has the musical bug that wasn't passed to me. He plays guitar, tuba, oboe, and trumpet so he has the gift. He may get a scholarship in music, so he has the gift for sure.

I can play a few chords, and like 1/2 of a song, BUT I CAN build a guitar! lol

If you all want I'll post pictures here along the way. Let me know if you want me too, and I will.

Comment

I thought you all may like to see how I got to the Sensei build. These are the build threads on the guitars I've made so far. They are quite long, but do make for some good reading.

#1) Flamecaster

#2) Beatnik Mojocaster
                  http://forum.fendertalk.com/showthre...y-second-build.

#3) Les Paul

#4) Black walnut / mahogany Stratocaster
                  http://forum.fendertalk.com/showthre...ve-it-bad!-GAS!

Okay, there they are. A few things to look at...
                  #1, and #2 I bought the necks. From #3 on I carved the neck with a spokeshave and will never buy a neck again.

Check the LP build thread. This isn't a NORMAL L.P.

#4 has LED side dots and abalone side dots so check that thread too.

Comment

Please do. Looks good in the pics. Amazing, really. Are you going for all white as a final color? God, I love white guitars with gold trim. If you could get just a smidgent of red somewhere, tastefully, I'd officially be super-jealous of that nephew....

Comment

Oly white, gold trim black binding.

As for the red, funny you should mention that...

The pickguard I still need to make, (yes make, not buy), will be tortise shell along with the truss rod cover. I may make a white set and a tortise shell set to make sure I get the right one, but as of right now, tortise shell is what I'm going for. Being color blind I can't say for sure, but I think the tortise shell has a red base to it yes? If it does, I like the way you think Jacksonrr! lol

"Great minds think alike"!

Comment

Yes, Please post pics. Welcome to the forum by the way and thanks for sharing!
                        My Sound Clips

Comment

NP, and glad to be here.

You may or may not be able to see in the pictures, but on The Flamecaster, The Beatnik Mojocaster, The Black Walnut Stratocaster, and the Sensei all use S.D. pickups. The only one that I didn't use them on was the L.P. build which got classic's.

With those guitars along with the one that got me started in this whole mess, I've bought FOURTEEN S.D. pickups. I think I should get a hat or keyring or something! lol

Comment

Originally posted by J_48_Johnson View Post
                            "Great minds think alike"!
                            Sure do! I refinished a Jackson Rhoads in white with deep blood red bevels. Never saw one before. Always wanted to throw some gold hardware on it, but other projects came up and I'm not entirely unhappy with the chrome. Still have it.

Your project looks good man! I have a new build comin up. Might have to PM you a question or two. First neck-thru and all.

Comment

PM away dude. I'll answer it as best I can. If I can't I have some books around here on building, and I'll try to find the answer to your question.

Comment

Working...
                              X