Tube amp around $700.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube amp around $700.

Hey guys, I am in the market for a nice tube amp head for around $750 bucks. I am looking for a versitile amp whihc can do modern sounds as well as some classic tones. I have been looking at rivera's, but i am having trouble finding them in my price range. I also have been looking at Mesa Mark IIIs and Mark IVs. I played through a stiletto today and liked it a lot, but a new amp is out of the question and since they are so new, I am having troube finding used ones around. I will be running them through a pair of eminence GB12s. The overdriven tone is most important. I am just looking for a versitile amp to suit my ever changing needs, and my peavey classic just isnt heavy enough for my needs. Thanks a lot,
    Brian
    Last edited by bvc310; 11-04-2004, 10:19 PM.
    Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Re: Tube amp around $700.

Riveras in your price range show up pretty regularly on eBay. I just checked and four heads have gone for <$750 in the past couple weeks.

I'm very happy with my Rake Reverb and am a fan of most Rivears.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Comment

A used DSL might do the trick, XXX, JSX ( used maybe) A plexi RI... The new Laneys are also very cool ( I almost forgot) easily had for that price. With your money you are getting into some nice amps.
      ]
      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Yea I was looking at the Rakes and there was one in my range, but im not sure if it will get heavy enough.I have not been able to play one so I am a bit hesitent. Do you have any clips? I have played a knucklehead and love it, but I cant find one in my range.
        Cheers
        Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

Originally posted by bvc310
          Yea I was looking at the Rakes and there was one in my range, but im not sure if it will get heavy enough.I have not been able to play one so I am a bit hesitent. Do you have any clips? I have played a knucklehead and love it, but I cant find one in my range.
          Some utility chugga chugga.

Rake into a Marshall cab. Driskill Diablo with EVH pups straight into the amp. No OD, distortion or boost other than that provided by the amp.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            A used DSL might do the trick, XXX, JSX ( used maybe) A plexi RI... The new Laneys are also very cool ( I almost forgot) easily had for that price. With your money you are getting into some nice amps.
            I can personally vouch for the Laney VH100R.. great sound at a great price.
            I'm a fan of the Marshall DSL's too. Definately worth checking out. If you want to get a good amp for really cheap (around $300 used ), check out a Crate Blue Voodoo. I played through one of those for about 9 months.. very nice amp for the money. Traded it towards my Laney for a heavier sound. (Ironically enough, I'm probably going to trade the Laney for a more vintage sound )
            -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
            I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Mark IV...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandor
                Mark IV...
                how much did you get yours for bro. I really like them, but dunno if i can afford one.

Comment

I also am considering a small 112 cobo that is very versitile and is able to get the sounds i mentioned.

Comment

One i am looking at is a VHT Pitbull combo or head as well as a thd bivalve. Any opinions on those. Also, the soldano hotrod+ looks very nice too.
                    Last edited by bvc310; 11-04-2004, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Laney VC30

Class A, Vox-type chime. 112, 210 and 212 speaker configuarations. Played through one a while back, and was very impressed.

Also, check for used Orange AD15 and AD30 amps. Those are also Class A (very big sounding, works great with fuzz and overdrive), and sound great.
                      "One other thing... I think it rips through your clothes when it takes you over...."
                      R.J. MacReady, John Carpenter's The Thing

http://www.myspace.com/PegasusActualMusic
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dzNCgX0QW0

http://www.soundclick.com/randymcfarland
                      http://www.soundclick.com/randotones

Comment

how much would a used dsl cost?
                        Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Working...
                        X