banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Decide Pick Guard Color For Blond Strat (Pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Decide Pick Guard Color For Blond Strat (Pic)

I'm not sure whether to leave well enough alone on the pick guard, or change it out. The white seems somewhat plain. Gearjonser has already suggested mint green, I'd like some opinions from all of you as well. I have a perloid pick guard laying around, but think it's too flashy for the finish...what about you? I'm not looking for tye dye, flags or anything of the sort...more along the traditional pick guard line. The pickup covers are white, so it will need to match. The pickups are Custom Shop 54's by Fender. Got too good of a deal on them not to try em' out before dropping the $200 on Antiquities.

Here's the strat....change the pick guard or leave it alone? What color?

My Sound Clips

Re: Help Decide Pick Guard Color For Blond Strat (Pic)

I like the Mint as well but usually on darker finshes, I might go with Parchment, similiar vibe.

I have to fess up too. My lefty Strat has Fender Custom Shop Custom '69 pups in it. Since I was going for a serious Jimi vibe I had to try it, they're great pickups Fender really did a heck of a job on them. I am surprised they're not stock on any models, props to Abigail Ybarra.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Wattage.....I'm psyched to try the CS 54's. I want to get the pickguard figured out so it can be well shielded and have high grade components. I really want to try the Antiquities.....but $210 is a little steep. I picked up the CS 54's for $95 shipped....too good of a deal. I almost went with a set of 69's....but wanted to explore the slightly more vintage tone of early stratdom.

Abigail Ybarra also makes a signature hand wound set of Custom Shop pickkups that are supposed to be the bomb....I would assume similar to the Antiquities. But the AY Custom Shop pups run about $400....yikes.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

I would go with gold anodized.

Comment

I have the same problem as you. I have a blue strat with pickguard and I like something a little less sterile looking. I have a question. Mint Green Pickguards, they aren't really green right???? arent't they more aged white, or am I wrong???
          Anyways, I'm about to but a set of fender 54's can't wait to hear them

Comment

Black.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium
              Black.
              I 2nd that.

Comment

Jeff these pups are initialed by Abigail and while not cheap they weren't close to $400, yikes! I love the neck and middle and all the combinations including the b/m combo but the bridge on it's own just misses, I think I have gotten to used to HO pups so I am waiting before I do anything stupid. I am actually thinking of ditching the Custom line pups and going back to the more traditional output pups like the a2p or the 59 we'll see.

Mint green guards aren't bright green, more of a mellow aged look. This is my strat with MG parts -

Here's the 69 pups -
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Black...and leave the white pup covers and knobs!
                  2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                  1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

try a tortise shell or black but leave the aged white knobs and pickups covers.
                    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Hi Jeff - my first choice would be parchment like Wattage suggested. IMHO even the slightest hint of green would be bilious

2nd choice - tortoise shell, but that doesn't go where you wanted.

Chip
                      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Hmm.......I kinda think a nice brown color pickguard would be real cool looking. Or, a dark wood finished pickguard.

Comment

i think the tortoise would be very nice too
                          Originally posted by krankguitarist
                          And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

White or tortise

Comment

tortise would rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                              Suhr OD-50
                              Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Working...
                              X