Schecter question vol/vol/tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter question vol/vol/tone?

Hi guys I have a schecter exotic that the last owner changed the pickups in. It has 2 humbuckers, 3way switch, and vol/vol/tone (with coil tap tone knob) Question:
    1. In the middle switch position with either vol knob at zero I get no output. Is this normal or should it just shut off the appropriate pickup and leave the other on?
    2. Is the first knob for the neck or bridge from the factory? Mine contols the bridge pickup which seems backwards to me.

Im just trying to sort everything out before my final pickup swap. Thanks in advance from anyone with a vol/vol/tone set up or a schecter in particular.

Re: Schecter question vol/vol/tone?

Originally posted by max blast View Post
    1. In the middle switch position with either vol knob at zero I get no output. Is this normal or should it just shut off the appropriate pickup and leave the other on?
    That's normal for that kind of wiring.
    It's called "dependent volumes".
    You can also wire a 2 volume control guitar to act independently as well.

2. Is the first knob for the neck or bridge from the factory? Mine contols the bridge pickup which seems backwards to me.
    He probably rewired it that way since I'm pretty sure that model comes with a coil tap on the tone pot.
    And I can't imagine any company putting out a production guitar wired like that.

MM
    MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
    Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Re: Schecter question vol/vol/tone?

Thanks alot dude! I was trying to decide if I wanted indepandant volumes as you call it and if that is normal. To be honest I find very few circumstances where I want to use the middle position and wondered it that might make some sort of mix more desireable to my ears. I assumed he switched the placement of the 2 volume pots to have the bridge closer to the pinkie for easier adjustment with leads. It just seems backwards to me. The third (tone) knob is indeed a coil tap. I appreciate the quick response. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X