A Few Questions About My New Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions About My New Fender

First off, can someone tell me what the S-1 switching does? Also, on the volume knob, it has a push button. I just found that today by accident and haven't had a chance to hook it up and play. What does that switch do?

Last is about my locking tuners. First guitar I've had locking tuners on so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I loosen them to retune then just get them barely finger tight, bt they still get bent out of tune. If I actually tighten them down, it makes the string go sharp.

Maybe I'm suppossed to get it in tune, then tighten em up then retune it it wih them locked down?

Oh yeah, the guitar is an all stock 05 American Deluxe Strat with the SCN pickups and the Fender humbucker in the bridge.

Re: A Few Questions About My New Fender

the locking tuners should act just like regular tuners, but instead of winding the string around several times like you would normally you would just pull it through as tight as you can, tighten down the locking mechanism so the string won't slip (finger tight should be fine), then tune up to pitch like normal. you shouldn't have to loosen them again until you're changing strings. very convenient! i've never had better tuning stability with locking tuners though, so maybe i've always done it wrong

and i've never had the S-1 system, but i think thats the switch that cuts out the tone knob completely. don't quote me on that, i'm sure somebody that knows can answer better than i could.

Comment

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
      the locking tuners should act just like regular tuners, but instead of winding the string around several times like you would normally you would just pull it through as tight as you can, tighten down the locking mechanism so the string won't slip (finger tight should be fine), then tune up to pitch like normal. you shouldn't have to loosen them again until you're changing strings. very convenient! i've never had better tuning stability with locking tuners though, so maybe i've always done it wrong
      Thanks. For some reason I was thinking I had to loosen them before I was supossed to turn the tuning key. I figured I was doing it wrong.

Comment

Here you go Josh, I've got the same configuration.
        The switch in the volume control changes the mode.

Here's the link http://support.fender.com/diagrams/s...590_92APg4.pdf

Comment

What Jay said about the locking tuners is correct. You tighten the thumbwheel when you put the strings on, and loosen the thumbwheel to take the strings off. Everything else it normal.

That button in the volume knob is the S-1 switch. It gives you additional pickup combinations. More info here:

http://www.fender.com/features/s1/
          "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

What did you end up trading for that guitar?

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the link!

Comment

With all the Les Pauls you have I'm shocked that you didn't buy another....
                Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
                Roland Cube 60
                Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
                BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
                LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
                Mogami Cables
                Mooer Candy Toppers
                Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
                Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503 View Post
                  With all the Les Pauls you have I'm shocked that you didn't buy another....
                  Everyone's gotta have at least one Strat.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                  X