banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with removing pick scratches from my guitars finish please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with removing pick scratches from my guitars finish please.

i learned a hard lesson last night.i am just a nut case when it comes to taking care of my gear. i keep it pristine,not just mint...last night i let someone play my ltd purple eclipse and the dude scratched it with tons of little pick scrapes ..and i told the fcker..that there isnt a scratch on this guitar..dont put one on it..well now im just disgusted..can these be buffed out?...i am pretty pissed about it.....thats it...no one will ever play my guitars again.ever. .i have had this thing brand new,since end of march and i have yet to scratch it.i play with button less sleeves to avoid button scratches...some guys dont mind there stuff getting worn...i am not one of those people.
    Last edited by ravendouglas; 10-22-2010, 09:21 AM.
    play louder than the other guy.....

Re: help with removing pick scratches from my guitars finish please.

If it's just a very small scratch in the clear coat you can buff it out with some polish.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Learn to play finger style a good side effect is you don't scratch.
      "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Meguiars #02 or #07.
        Soft, clean cloth.
        Buff in circular motion.
        Easy peasy.

If your finish gets old and cruddy looking use their Color Restorer.

MM
        Last edited by MojoMonster; 10-25-2010, 09:44 AM. Reason: updated with links
        MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
        Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Inevitable.

Its like saying you don't want your car to get wet ever.
          If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
          DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

try a little bit of rubbing compound. They use that to take surface cratches out of cars.
            2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
            Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
            Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

yea they are just those little surface scratches...but i just dont want them on this guitar....thanks for the info and suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by MojoMonster View Post
                Meguiars #02 or #09.
                Soft, clean cloth.
                Buff in circular motion.
                Easy peasy.

If your finish gets old and cruddy looking use their Color Restorer.

MM
                what is this product and who sells it?

Comment

You are anal. Just saying.
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

my fender has some wear and im all good with that..this eclipse is just an awsome guitar..i keep it under my bed in a hard case....this one i want to keep as mint as possible...its that guitar you just take out for certain songs......well last night ,my buddy came over to jam and he wanted to check out my ltd so i let him....gggrrrrrrr......my mistake....wont do it again...no one touches this guitar but me from now on..if its gonna get scratched ..i better be the one doin the scratching.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                      when it comes to my gear...you better believe i am....i got my rock till you drop guitars and then there is my eclipse.
                      Last edited by ravendouglas; 10-20-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ravendouglas View Post
                        what is this product and who sells it?
                        It's an auto body finish polish/scratch remover.
                        It can be found almost anywhere that sells automotive products and of course Amazon.

MM
                        MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
                        Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post

If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                          DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
                            Learn to play finger style
                            good point but this is certainly not the short or easy path!

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
                              i am not denying this.

Comment

Working...
                              X