Accessorizing a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessorizing a guitar

I'm going to dress up my Black Gunslinger. But Im equally torn between the 2 looks. Option one, Ive had in mind since before I got it. Option 2 I just thought up when I found the parts
    Leave guitar all black and install Purple Crunch Lab
    36.84%
    Install black Crazy 8 and chrome pickup ring
    63.16%

The poll is expired.

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Accessorizing a guitar

Purple in black would look cooler I think. However I'd prefer deep purple....
    Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Metalblaze View Post
      Purple in black would look cooler I think. However I'd prefer deep purple....
      me too, but unfortunately, choice is limited
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

what about a red pickup? always looks good in a black guitar
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Like all other tonal things, "clean" is relative. Do you want "sparkling drop of spring water", or "scrape some poop off the bottom of your shoe before you walk in"?

Originally posted by KoreanGuitarMan
        Actually, shedding the blood of an actual white owl upon an altar wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

I select the Crazy 8 and chrome, more so for sound than anything. Those are some smokin' pups.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Prolly going to do the the Crazy 8 and chrome ring. Mainly cuz right now I have no money to buy anything else.. haha

May also try my genesis sounds Mr browney in it

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Yeah for sound Crazy 8 would be my choice too. Once the other guys have no darker purple.
              Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Don't forget, dimarzio makes multi color pickup rings. Probably look better on a one humbucker guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknfilms View Post
                  Don't forget, dimarzio makes multi color pickup rings. Probably look better on a one humbucker guitar.
                  I have a chrome ring Ill use if I go with the black pup. But thanks for the heads up!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Come one man, you KNOW my love of purple in black guitars (or, for that matter, purple guitars) but you also know how I love the Crazy 8, that ain't fair!!!

I think I'll go with the Crazy 8 after all, perhaps you can think of sth else to spice it up a little
                    Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Crazy 8/chrome ring without a doubt.
                      -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                      I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Working...
                      X