Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When does it become too much?

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
    After 4 bottles of Guiness you'd play that thing like a drunk red headed Irish wench!
    Well, first I wouldn't drink Guinness from a bottle. That's sacrilege. And secondly, I don't have to be drunk to play a gaudy guitar or take advantage of an inebriated damsel. In fact, my performance would be affected negatively in both cases, I think.

And four bottles? That's lightweight, man...
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      Yeah this look like something for hanging on the wall not for playing...to much "Ginger bread" as my grandma would say!
      BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
      Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
      Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
      Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
      Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
      Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
      Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
      Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
      Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
      Gibson EBO

Comment

I used to get email newsletters from them.. they are always very ornate like that. to me its Gaudy.. One of the worst guitars Ive ever seen as far as gaudy ( I feel guilty saying this as I LIKE what it represented) was a Christ tribute accoustic Gibby put out a few years ago that depicted scenes from different part of his life.. But man, was it busy
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
          I think it has a lot of artistic flair.
          +1. It's not the kind of guitar you'd take to a neighborhood coffee shop gig; it's meant to be played by a big name at a concert that's being filmed for a DVD. For that it's fine. There are guitars that not meant to be day-to-day players. This is one of them. As far as being gaudy, there's Gretches that are certainly worse.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
          X