Switching to Graphtech saddles in my carvin ct-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to Graphtech saddles in my carvin ct-6

I'm switching to graphtech saddles in my Carvin CT6, but I'm confused as to which size of saddles I'm supposed to get. It's called a M bridge - tune-o-matic bridge set in body with strings fed through. I emailed graphtech but didn't get any response. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Re: Switching to Graphtech saddles in my carvin ct-6

I do a lot of tech work and I use a lot of Graphtech parts.

I don't think they have a saddles for the M bridge. But I very rarely work on or see Carvins.

What you have to do and what I would do if I was working your guitar is measure your saddles, saddle spacing and over all bridge measurements. Then see if those measurements match a bridge they do make saddles for.

If not and this would be way easier is just buy a new ResoMax bridge with String Saver saddles already installed.

Graph Tech is the worlds largest nut and saddle manufacturer. The makers of Tusq, String Saver Saddles, Ratio Tuners, and many other high quality Guitar Upgrade Parts and accessories. We have everything you need to upgrade your guitar, bass, ukulele, mandolin and many other stringed instruments!

Just my $.02
    Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic
    If you think an Epi is as good as a Gibson, you're probablly not old enough to find the clit yet.

Comment

Call the guys at GaphTech and ask for their help. They are knowledgable as to what fits a certain guitar.

Comment

They did at one time have saddles for TOM bridges, but I haven't checked them out recently. Call the company. They're more than willing to help out.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice guy. I'm actually just going to buy a resomax bridge for it rather than dealing with switching out the saddles; now I just have to decide between the NVS or NV2
          Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
          The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101 View Post
            I'm actually just going to buy a resomax bridge for it rather than dealing with switching out the saddles; now I just have to decide between the NVS or NV2
            Cool
            Last edited by Wonker; 10-28-2010, 12:25 AM.
            Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic
            If you think an Epi is as good as a Gibson, you're probablly not old enough to find the clit yet.

Comment

Graphtech rules! I've been putting their saddles on Strats, LPs, and PRS guitars for years. In fact, many times I order a set of graphite saddles even before taking delivery of a new guitar. Sure do save me on strings...
              "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Carvin's got them for that bridge and that guitar- just call them if you don't want to change the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                X