Blasted Nut!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasted Nut!!

Ok, I've still got some tuning issues with my epi dot. Its been setup and so on for the string gauge I'm using (and I'm assuming graphite powder used too). I'm considering a new nut as tuning every minute or so is driving me nuts (just realised the pun)

Any material type recommendations for a classic style guitar and blues/rock music. Had thought of bone.

Re: Blasted Nut!!

Huh. Epiphone tuners usually work very well. However, a GraphTech TUSQ might do well, or an Earvana Compensated. One of those two.
    Originally posted by jmh151
    I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
    Originally posted by jeremy
    like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
    Sometimes not read.
    dats hard

Comment

Tusq
      "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Wait, you didn't tell us what was wrong with the current nut. If it's just going out of tune, it doesn't mean RIGHT AWAY you need a new nut. could be that you have to widen the holes on the existing nut.

You can have all the lube in the world, but an elephant isn't going to fit in a smart car.

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
          You can have all the lube in the world, but an elephant isn't going to fit in a smart car.
          It will with a chainsaw and a food blender.
          "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
            It will with a chainsaw and a food blender.
            I don't know why but picturing that really made me laugh. Just one of those afternoons, I guess...
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
              I don't know why but picturing that really made me laugh. Just one of those afternoons, I guess...
              Wall we need is for Smart to team up with Blendtec and we have one big 'Will it Blend' video.

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
                Tusq
                +1

Tusq nuts don't bind and will keep your guitar in tune.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

And the Tusq material is musical and fairly bright. It's just slightly mellower than bone but WAY livelier than plastic, which I assume is stock. It seems to bring out more midrange. I've also considered the Tusq saddles.

My next project will have a Warmoth neck, since they seem to be the only company that does TusqXL Earvana nut installs, so you not only have the slippery goodness of the Graphtec stuff, but have the proper intonation temperament at the nut.

Comment

Working...
                  X