X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: piano sound

jaw harp
    Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
    I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

gretsch
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I use a guitar synth.
        same here

Comment

one of the eighteen hundred and forty-seven trillion bubazillion katillion goddamillion different types of synth keyboards out there

the kind of money and energy you're gona spend buying new guitars / pickups / effects / amps trying to make a guitar sound like a piano is WAYYYY more than the kind of money and energy it takes to get a ****in synth controller and learn how to finger a C chord

if you can fret chords an strum strings at the same time then you can learn keys
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
            One good way to do it is with fingerstyle or hybrid picking, picking all of the notes in a chord at the same time. Also, alter your thinking on the guitar to use bigger intervals and more -piano like- chords, thinking of the lower register/ strings of the guitar as a piano left hand and the upper strings as a piano right hand.

Also, you have to keep a similar idea of tone and touch in your right hand even during a solo. Really a lot of sounding like a piano is is in your right hand touch.
            that does not sound like a piano

it sounds like a clean strat with single-coil sized humbuckers

if you want to hear a piano, why would you play a guitar?

"Y'know I've always really loved the sound of a screaming jazz sax; i think i'm going to buy a harp and study Mozart."
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

We have to 'fake' the piano parts to a few covers, my other guitarist and I hybrid pick, with amp clean, chorus and reverb pedals....sounds damn close.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
              Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
              Celestion speakers
              Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
              Too many pedals....

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post

if you want to hear a piano, why would you play a guitar?
                'Cause I can't play piano, but I like the sound- as well with lots of weirdo twisted sounds that sound like no known instrument. Besides, playing guitar comes with lots of baggage sometimes: hot licks, stock patterns, that damn blues scale in A. Guitar chords sound pretty feeble when compared to a piano, so if it pushes us to play a little less guitar-like, that might be a good thing.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I used to play a lot of acoustic guitar and I would voice my chords right in between the piano player's left and right hand and get this huge blend where the guitar would mesh right in to the acoustic piano.

I think resonant electrics played clean of course - with the tips from previous posts can suggest a piano - like a Superstrat or other guitars with bold strong clear tones that are clean and thick.

Or of course a regular Strat with heavier strings- the reason I said Superstrat is many Strats don't have enough bass on the lower strings but some might.

Real clean, clear pickups help, and thicker string gauges.

On good Strat types and all electrics I listen unplugged to see if it has a good unplugged sort of Martin acoustic guitar tone ( much quieter of course ) the ones that have that are IMO better sounding and coincidentally those will have more piano like tones with the right pickups.

However - having jammed and doing writing sessions with acoustic piano players- an acoustic guitar can really sound like a piano - especially Steinway and brighter sounding pianos- they almost use the same alloy strings on pianos as acoustic guitar...............they can sound VERY close .
                  Last edited by robertkoa; 11-06-2010, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Buy a piano
                    www.facebook.com/elthamjones
                    http://www.edgeguitarservices.co.uk

"I'm not crazy; my mother had me tested"

Comment

Working...
                    X