Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 2000 TSL.. Plz review...!!

Hi!
    I've been thinking of buying a TSL 100. I heard a lot of mp3's whith it's sound, and like it VERY much, but all of them are just full of rock sounds and i don't know if TSL 100 is good for other types of music..
    I like strange sounding strats a lot, and need an amp which makes a good combo with them . I play mostly modern rock, metal, but a lot of modern jazz-rock, or FUSION too. As you can see i need very versatile amp. Would TSL 100 fulfill my needs???
    Please help...

Re: JCM 2000 TSL.. Plz review...!!

I have a tsl122, I want to sell it, maybe you might be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by proxy
      I have a tsl122, I want to sell it, maybe you might be interested.
      Tell me something more about it...

Comment

Well you can get all the info online, but it is probably time for new power amp tubes which I'll take care of. A few minor scuffs in the tolex. Nothing you would see unless you look for them. I have the power chord, and footswitch. I've been the only owner, I have had it for 2 years. I've put casters on it because its pretty heavy. I've played out with it about 5 times and handled it myself and shows no signs of such.

However you being in poland might make any transaction a little tricky.

Comment

I like this amp a lot. It's versatile and has great tone. A friend of mine owns one, and I've gotten to use it a lot. It's very versatile. Does eveything from clean to metal, everything inbetween. Three channels with separate eqs. It's a great amp, but it's a great amp with its own tone. Like most nice amps, it has its own unique character. I think you would like the amp, but play one before you buy one. What I think and what you think might be two different things. I know this sounds stupid, but I'm going to state it anyway. It's a great amp if you're looking for that tone, but don't buy a Marshall if you're looking for the Mesa tone, it won't do it, buy a Mesa. Similarly, don't buy a JCM-2000 if you're looking for the plexi tone, buy a plexi. Try as many amps as you can and choose the one that you like best. Good luck in your search.

Comment

I tried the TSL and did not like anything about it. The sound was so sterile and had some problems with the sound going off/on. It was a floor model at a guitar store. I was more impressed with the DSL but none of those even compare to the JCM 800. Better yet, you could wait a while when those new Marshall RI hit the showroom floors. Those should be worth the wait.
            57 VOS Les Paul Goldtop
            62 Thin Skin Stratocaster
            Mesa Boogie Lone Star 212
            Baby Taylor
            sigpic

Comment

Altho yes id have to say the dsls are much bettet also..
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3
              ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
              1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
              2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
              2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
              1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
              2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
              1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
              X