My first humbucker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first humbucker!

Well, been playing for 13 years and I finally have a guitar with a humbucker in it. This Tele has been with me as my #1 for probably 11 years now, but I just added the HB - an Alnico II Pro. It''s actually a bridge pickup which I purchased because it was mislabeled by the store (got it on clearance in non-original packaging). Sounds good to me - although I have nothing to compare it against.

For those who are wondering, the guitar started its life as a plain old '96 MIM Standard. It has the following mods (which have been done over the years either for tone, function, repair, or cosmetics):

-3 saddle vintage style bridge with brass compensated saddles
    -SD Alnico 2 Pro bridge pickup and humbucker
    -Copper shielding in the cavities
    -Just replaced the input jack with Switchcraft (the old one wasn't working properly anymore)
    -Allparts BWB pickguard
    -Knurled 50's style knobs

-
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Re: My first humbucker!

Well it looks awesome. Black pickguard on sunburst is the way to go.

...but it took you 13 years to own a guitar with a humbucker? Blueman isn't going to like that one bit.
    "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

Re: My first humbucker!

Originally posted by SabbathFan0220 View Post
      Well it looks awesome. Black pickguard on sunburst is the way to go.

...but it took you 13 years to own a guitar with a humbucker? Blueman isn't going to like that one bit.
      I've got lots of single coils! Could be partly because I'm a Fender man and a Tele man, neither of which are known for stock HB's.

And yeah, the blackguard on SB is the best change I ever made. I used to have one on there when I had the SC pickup in, but kept the theme when I got the HB sized guard.
      -
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
      X