Re: My guitar!!!

Originally posted by Metalblaze View Post
    I love explorahs.
    Meaning every explorer shape.
    Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by SamusChief View Post
      I'm surprised that nobody insulted the strap yet haha!
      effing strap !

LOL just kidding, nice guitar ! I also don't like the EX but the wooden FX with the 3+3 headstock looks really nice ^^. Howzit playing ?
      There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
      Don't ask.

Comment

Not usually my thing, but I'd totally rock the hell out of that thing.

Well done. I approve.

- Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

I've always been looking at this guitar in shops, I would totally get one of these someday they are awesome!
          Frank
          - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
          - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
          - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
          Originally posted by Curt
          Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Comment

Not my thing at all, really, but the spalted top is awesome and you're upgrades are all pretty cool.

Rock'n'roll, man.
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

It plays very well. The thin U that ESP uses on a lot of guitars works really well. Perfect balance between chording and soloing. Playability is all that mattered because I upgraded everything else.I don't like the EX shape but the Maple made the whole look!

Question:
              Does a maple top affect the sound? It's somewhat thin, but does it add anything?
              Originally posted by jmh151
              I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
              Originally posted by jeremy
              like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
              Originally posted by grumptruck
              Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
              Sometimes not read.
              dats hard

Comment

's good
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

It plays very well. The thin U that ESP uses on a lot of guitars works really well. Perfect balance between chording and soloing. Playability is all that mattered because I upgraded everything else.I don't like the EX shape but the Maple made the whole look!

Question:
                  Does a maple top affect the sound? It's somewhat thin, but does it add anything?
                  Spalted Maple (especially on a guitar like that) is generally only used as a laminate for aesthetic purposes rather than as a top or 'cap' for it's tonal characteristics.

So, it's possible that it's adding just a smidge of brightness but I doubt it's anything too noticable at all, to be honest.
                  Last edited by Kam; 11-02-2010, 04:58 PM.
                  I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Yeah, it looks really thin. Barely even a milimeter if that. Its worth the looks, though! Now every guitar I look at I think, "I wonder what that would look like in Spalted Maple?"
                    Originally posted by jmh151
                    I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
                    Originally posted by jeremy
                    like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
                    Originally posted by grumptruck
                    Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
                    Sometimes not read.
                    dats hard

Comment

I SOOO know what you mean...

Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

I think your guitar looks awesome. Looks like something custom made.
                        I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

"Oh my god look at that cheap as balls LTD!"
                          It sold for $420 usually, but I got it brand new, mint, and unopened for $300! I spent the money I saved on it on upgrades, which are shown in the pictures.

Straploks:

12th fret inlay:

Sperzels:
                          Hmmm I like your guitar.Your luck was good that you find this guitar in very cheap rate
                          kays jewelers
                          kays jewelry
                          gem jewelry

Comment

now, sell it and buy a real ESP guitar

Comment

Working...
                            X