60s Gibson es-355

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60s Gibson es-355

My uncle has one and has no idea what its worth. I tried searching google but all I can find are the specs. I have the serial number, are there any experts that can point me in the right direction?
    77 Gibson Les Paul Custom (70's DiMarzios)
    Gibson Les Paul (Duncan Distortion, Pearly Gates)
    Fuchs Blackjack 21
    -Fuchs Plush Cream
    -Boss DD7 Delay

Re: 60s Gibson es-355

A ball park would be to look at http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com...e/Gibson/Semis although a more local vintage store would have a better reflection of your market.
    "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Call up Gruhns Guitars in Nashville.

615-256-2033

Comment

Isn't that the guitar that caused all those mass suicides?

You should send it to me and I will dispose of it for you.
        If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
        DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

If it is all original & EARLY 60's its worth upwards of 10K. The 355 is a fancy version of a 335. Basically its the same guitar with more binding & an ebony fingerboard. It is truly a great guitar..... one of my favorite semi hollow guitars. The amount of sustain you can get with this is mind blowing. the early 60's (61,62 & 63) have original PAF pickups in her. The pickups alone are worth about 5K.

Here is a link to Gibson. Enter the serial number and it will tell you exactly what year it is.

Good Luck and whatever you do....... sell it to me!
          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

60s serials got a bit wonky at times, so you might just get a range of a couple years and then look into available colors/features for each model year to narrow it down. My 68 Epi olympic's serial puts it between 65 and 68 but the finish helped me find out the exact year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
              If it is all original & EARLY 60's its worth upwards of 10K...Good Luck and whatever you do....... sell it to me!
              Dave, you shot yourself in the foot. You should have told him it's worth a grand tops, then offered to take it off his hands for that.
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                Dave, you shot yourself in the foot. You should have told him it's worth a grand tops, then offered to take it off his hands for that.
                Dave didn't shoot himself at all...only a total clown shoe would pull that move...
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Don't even ask for a price. That's a guitar that should be kept in the family and passed on from generation to generation. Here's hoping you don't have cousins that play guitar

Comment

Kinda like when i got too excited and told the owner of that 64 jazzbass that it was a 64 jazzbass. he went, is that good? I should have said:

No, it isn't. the 60s were the worst years for fender, and theyre worse than todays squiers. therefore, ill trade you my squier for this ****ty jazz bass.

but alas, im an idiot.

Comment

Haha No I wouldn't do that. Hell I don't really need any more guitars...... but I would make an exception in this case. Its gotta be a real PAF though!
                      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
                        Haha No I wouldn't do that. Hell I don't really need any more guitars...... but I would make an exception in this case. Its gotta be a real PAF though!
                        No, technically you don't 'need' any more guitars, and probably said those same words 10 guitars ago. But somehow they keep following you home...I know the feeling.
                        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by tc View Post
                          Don't even ask for a price. That's a guitar that should be kept in the family and passed on from generation to generation. Here's hoping you don't have cousins that play guitar
                          He needs the money so i doubt it's gonna stay around very long My younger cousin got it from an older guitar player when she showed interest in learning how to play. I think she got 3 chords under her belt before she gave up, It's been sitting in its case under her bed since. Something like this needs to be played and enjoyed.
                          77 Gibson Les Paul Custom (70's DiMarzios)
                          Gibson Les Paul (Duncan Distortion, Pearly Gates)
                          Fuchs Blackjack 21
                          -Fuchs Plush Cream
                          -Boss DD7 Delay

Comment

That sounds like the black 355 that Keith Richards has been using lately, it can be seen in Shine a Light. It's liek a Les Paul Custom version of a 335, and pretty rare

Comment

No, technically you don't 'need' any more guitars, and probably said those same words 10 guitars ago. But somehow they keep following you home...I know the feeling.
                              No.... No... really I don't NEED anything! I have 30 guitars now... 30. Just keeping them strung is a huge amount of work. Proper intonation, fresh strings, setups, etc., etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X