banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the old transtrem steinbergers be tuned to drop d?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the old transtrem steinbergers be tuned to drop d?

What about half step down?

All of the info I've found on these guitars makes it seem like they can do:

G standard (up 1.5 steps)
    F# standard (up 1 step)
    E standard
    D standard (down 1 step)
    C standard (down 2 steps)
    B standard (down 2.5 steps)

No mention of Drop D.

My band usually plays in 1/2 step down and Drop C# so this is looking like I would need numerous capos to be able to own one of these guitars.
    - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
    Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
    Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
    I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Re: Can the old transtrem steinbergers be tuned to drop d?

Well the new Steinbergers can- I have one....the steinberger zt3 can do D,D#,E,F,F#...and the tuners make it really fast to drop the E string down. If you need more on-access exotic tunings, you might look at a Line6 Variax.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Well the new Steinbergers can- I have one....the steinberger zt3 can do D,D#,E,F,F#...and the tuners make it really fast to drop the E string down. If you need more on-access exotic tunings, you might look at a Line6 Variax.
      Thank you for the reply!

I mainly use F# but have been dropping the low e lately. If your tuners can drop the e down easily I assume the tuners on the old transtrems can as well. For other tunings I don't mind using a capo but the drop d thing raised some questions.

Do you have any other steinbergers? How would you rate them all?
      - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
      Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
      Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
      I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

I have the ZT3 with the new TransTrem3, and the Synapse, which doesnt have a trem. I like 22 frets better than 24, because the neck pickup sounds better- I also like the satin finsih and the smaller neck shape of the Synapse better. However, the Transtrem is a marvel of a design- it actually does bend chords in tune perfectly so works like no other trem out there.
        The problem with older Transtrems is that they are rare. And expensive- people have paid over $2k for a working TransTrem alone. Ones on older Steinbergers tend to wear out, and parts are hard to find.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I have the ZT3 with the new TransTrem3, and the Synapse, which doesnt have a trem. I like 22 frets better than 24, because the neck pickup sounds better- I also like the satin finsih and the smaller neck shape of the Synapse better. However, the Transtrem is a marvel of a design- it actually does bend chords in tune perfectly so works like no other trem out there.
          The problem with older Transtrems is that they are rare. And expensive- people have paid over $2k for a working TransTrem alone. Ones on older Steinbergers tend to wear out, and parts are hard to find.
          listen to his man. I've seen him perform. he's good.

Comment

Working...
          X