Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotoh Vs Wilkinson Strat Tremolo bridges

Hey guys.

I'm contemplating changing the bridge on the 'Browcaster' to something a little more 'stable' when it comes to tremolo use, and was looking at either Gotoh or Wilkinson bridges. I don't need a Floyd or anything for serious whammy bar abuse, just something that can withstand a little use now and then and return to pitch well.

I have no idea what brand of guitar it is, just that it's relatively old and it's made (I think) in Japan.

If anyone needs more info, shout up and I'll help if I can

Thanx for any help.

Craig

Re: Gotoh Vs Wilkinson Strat Tremolo bridges

I'm pretty sure Gotoh makes the Wilkinson ? Or owns the liecense ?
    At any rate the Wilkinson is a pretty good trem.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Yep, Gotoh is making the current Wilkinson bridges, which are pretty nice. My original VS is a bit heavier than the Gotoh units, but the Gotoh still sounds great and stays in tune very well, even when set up as a full floating unit.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Thanx for the replies guys.

I've looked on a few sites which stock both Gotoh and Wilkinson and theres quite a difference in price. Something like £45 for a Gotoh against about £100 for a Wilkinson. I just wondered if 1 was 'better' than the other, or which would be better for what I want.

I'll measure the size of the Tremolo unit I need and go for a Gotoh I think. Unless anyone has any bad things to say about them?

Craig

Comment

Working...
        X