SO broke but she was totally worth it: Axis talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SO broke but she was totally worth it: Axis talks

Oh it is. I've already checked it out, the neck is properly aligned. It's something I do on all of my guitars and friend's. In this case the saddle is a bit mis-aligned and the frets are too angled on the edges. It's easily enough sortable stuff when I do my next string change, but for now she'll be ok... great playing axe

Comment

Comment

One of my great "why did I pass on that?" moments was when GC closed out EBMM SUB instruments in the discontinued burgundy, with a new Axis SUB for $349.

Why didn't I bag it? I have no idea.
        You all became so much smarter and more mature when I turned off sigs and avatars! Wow, it's like magic!
        DATA, NOT DISCUSSION

Comment

Hey, we use the same amp! Awesome.

Congrats on the new baby, dude. It's great when you find a guitar that just feels like it was made for you.

That blue Strat's pretty damn sexy too...
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Ah yes, my Julia... Highway1 Strat, 2002 model. I bought her in 2007, no one had even seen her in that shop... I kinda rescued her...
            Bareknuckle Crawler, Duncan single coils, bridge pickup volume, neck pickup volume, tone for middle + neck. Strings about a mile high as I like them, I can play slide and do crazy bends under the strings with her.

It took a 2,790 euros custom shop Strat to find ONE Strat that sounded better. I've never heard a louder strat acoustically. She's plenty banged up now but I keep coming back to her.

That's 2 guitars now that I've saved up from the darkest corners of guitar stores and they're my two best guitars...

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
              Ah yes, my Julia... Highway1 Strat, 2002 model. I bought her in 2007, no one had even seen her in that shop... I kinda rescued her...
              Bareknuckle Crawler, Duncan single coils, bridge pickup volume, neck pickup volume, tone for middle + neck. Strings about a mile high as I like them, I can play slide and do crazy bends under the strings with her.

It took a 2,790 euros custom shop Strat to find ONE Strat that sounded better. I've never heard a louder strat acoustically. She's plenty banged up now but I keep coming back to her.

That's 2 guitars now that I've saved up from the darkest corners of guitar stores and they're my two best guitars...
              Did the H1's have the Pre-CBS headstock back then? Wish mine did.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Yep they did. I think they did a redesign in 2006.

Very weirdly Fender released the new US Special series which is 99% of the HW1 specs, for a little more dough, and ALSO with the big headstock... I don't like the big headstock at all these days, the small one looks so perfectly proportional to me.

Comment

Working...
                X