Noise Supressor, HUSH or Boss Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Supressor, HUSH or Boss Pedal

Which is better? I've been messing around with the Boss pedal, and it definately does a great job of knocking out noise without any tone loss. But is the rack mout (not pedal) HUSH unit better than the Boss pedal? Or is it basically just about the same? Any thoughts, comments would be welcome. Thanks!

Re: Noise Supressor, HUSH or Boss Pedal

I'm using a BOSS to, but I heard that the HUSH is way better than it. I will maybe change my BOSS for the HUSH...
    Guitar :

A customized Ibanez S1620FBNT Prestige 2003

Pickups :

Bridge -> George Lynch Screamin' Deamon TB
    Neck -> Duncan Distortion HB

Style : Melodic Power Metal

Band : www.icewind.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff5
      it definately does a great job of knocking out noise without any tone loss
      If it ain't broke......
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Hehe I know. But I figure for 50 bucks more or so IF the HUSH is that much better I may as well get it. I can still return my pedal. Any other thoughts?

Comment

I have a Boss NS-2 and it works great. I don't notice too much of a tone suck (if any) from the pedal. I'd like to try the hush but I can't seem to find a store that has one in stock. That being said, I'm perfectly satisfied with my NS-2.

Not to mention, if you have other boss pedals you can power them via a daisy chain from the NS-2. You can't do that from a Hush. Also, the NS-2 has a build in loop into the pedal, not sure if the Hush has that.
          Last edited by joelap; 11-08-2004, 07:04 PM.
          7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff5
            Hehe I know. But I figure for 50 bucks more or so IF the HUSH is that much better I may as well get it. I can still return my pedal. Any other thoughts?
            I'd for the ISP Decimator rack, but that's because I need a stereo noisegate.

ISP are the guys who made the original Guitar Silencer for Rocktron. I think they made the original HUSH as well, but I could be wrong.

They also make a pedal version, but I don't know much about it.
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I had a HUSH Super C and the Boss NS-2 is just as good with less of a hassle to dial it in well. Not perfect, but very good IMHO.
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Keep the Boss , forget about the Hush !
                Pickups used :
                Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
                PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
                PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
                PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
                PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
                PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
                PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
                PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
                PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
                Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
                Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
                SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

I've heard the Hush rackmounts are good but IMO the pedal version is a tonesucker. Stay with the NS2.

Comment

Hey guys, I have a hush IIcx , one of the origianl ones and it is hands down the best noise gate I have ever used or heard. The newer hush stuff isn't as good as it is now made in Korea. Rocktron was bought by GHS and I have heard a MILLION people say that the new stuff is crappy. I got my Hush off of E-bay for fairly cheap and it is a Stereo noise gate.

It has a filter control for cutting or boosting the higs. The hush pedals are a wast of money. However, with my hush I can let a chord sustain into feedback before it will cut off the sound, yet when I stop playing there is dead silence.

There was one place where I played that the interference was SOS BAD that I had to turn the threshold up so high that it started to affect my sound, but EVERYTHING was wired on the same circut in that place, Stage lights ,Flourecent signs, the DJ crap and it was just a mess.

Comment

for what it is, the NS-2 is amazing.
                      Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                      Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                      Originally posted by Sosomething
                      "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I have the NS-2 and have had zero problems with it, ever. Does the job great.
                        Facebook - My facebook page
                        Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Working...
                        X