banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender/Anyone not producing teardrop picks anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender/Anyone not producing teardrop picks anymore?

At a certain point about 2 years ago I went on a binge and bought one of almost every pick in the store. The kind that really stuck to me were the Fender Medium teardrop shaped picks which used to have a relatively sharp point. I think they are the 358 ones, and are still featured on Fender's website but I can't find them in stores at all around here, and to order them online... well.. the shipping would triple the cost of the pick because it's from the states.

Even in the guitar stores I've tried they say they almost don't get shipments of that shape anymore, and if they do it's very rare.

Seems trivial I know, but I'm down to my last two.. and just imagine if you had spent years advancing your technique and tone with one pick shape and then it seemed to disappear off the face of the planet.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Re: Fender/Anyone not producing teardrop picks anymore?

I know how you feel. I use the 346 shape......anything else feels insubstantial and almost impossible to use

Comment

Re: Fender/Anyone not producing teardrop picks anymore?

I know what you mean with the technique, the way i play is based on Tortex reds the .48's i think.... anyway i use them most of the time, i prefer them.
      Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
      you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Working...
      X