Best Tube Amp Under $800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tube Amp Under $800

Yep, thats right. What in your opinion is the best tube amp up to $800.
    You can like it for any reason, whether it be cleans or crunch, features or tone, bang for buck, whatever it is what is it??? Just remember, its brand new for this price

So far Ive come across:
    Zinky Blue Velvet
    Traynor YCV20WR
    Goldtone GA15RV
    Bad Cat Mini Cat

But what do you guys think???

Re: Best Tube Amp Under $800

Laney VC30.... great Vox chime & jangle
    Orange AD15... big sound, very fat
    Soldano Astroverb... great overdrive, would probably be even better with a closed back and V30 speaker
    "One other thing... I think it rips through your clothes when it takes you over...."
    R.J. MacReady, John Carpenter's The Thing

http://www.myspace.com/PegasusActualMusic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dzNCgX0QW0

http://www.soundclick.com/randymcfarland
    http://www.soundclick.com/randotones

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
      Actually.... forget that, i've just been reading a lot of reviews of Rhino amps. Seems that the El Paso, Tx, bureau of business is on their ass for being shlt. Beware!

I live about 10 miles away frm their shop. They're not very nice people. I walked in to try the amps with my 62RI strat and the first thing the "salesman" said was "Why didn't you bring a real guitar?" I asked him what he meant by that, and he pulled out a Dimarzio equipped RG and said "One like this."

As far as which amp I like for $800,

Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10. Great Cleans and good with your OD pedal of choice.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
        ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

hot rod deluxe
          hot rod deville
          used twin
          used bassman '59 ri
          used bassman head of your choice with cab of your choice
          laney vc30

take your pick, all awesome amps. The vc30 is really really similar to a vox ac30
          Originally posted by gibson175
          metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I have a Traynopr YCV 20 and I love it, I really reccommend you try one to see if it suits you. It does rock and blues great like Zeppelin, Beatles, AC/DC Hendrix etc, but if ou throw a pedal in front of it it'll getchya those metal sounds too. Amazing cleans to btw
            Fender Stratocaster - EMG 81/85 (camo)
            Ibanez RG550 - Invader (b)
            Taylor 110E Acoustic
            Traynor YCV 20
            Brice 5 String Jazz Bass

Comment

Crate VFX 5112

forget the name, people rave about these. Guy I play with uses a Boogie Mark IV and he's hella impressed with my amp

Comment

Remember the budget dudes, and that it has to be purchased brand new
                Soldano Astroverb gets amazing reviews, and although the Traynor is amazing for value and price I already have the YCV40. Im looking for something a little different....with less power too

Comment

There's quite a few you can get in that price range, but I'd go used, not new.
                  Normally, I don't get excited about Randall stuff, but check out this great 'bang for buck' amp. Randall and Egnater will always offer these modules, so you can turn this amp into anything you want.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

The reason why I say new is because I have a friend in the US that will bring back the amp of my choice. Its a big risk if he buys second hand...he doesnt play guitar .

Otherwise I swear on buying second hand if you know exactly what you want and what youre doing.

I do see you are from California....recommend a good instrument shop to buy from?? My mate is going past there next week

Comment

Working...
                    X