Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A gripe for today and from now on!

Originally posted by octavedoctor View Post
    Yes, you can paint it and that helps. I'd paint it with graphite, best of both worlds..........
    Not sure that would work. As you mentioned in your previous post, the graphite paint would be conductive and I am talking about spraying the area after the components are installed so you would want something to seal out the air to prevent oxidation to the copper but not be a short across the components...like a spray lacquer or polyurethane. In any regard, the copper foil does work and now all of my babies will be getting the treatment.... if they hum!

Comment

Re: A gripe for today and from now on!

Painting it with an insulating layer would be equally counterproductive as you want electrical continuity between the the pot casings and switch frames and a layer of paint would be a barrier to that. A layer of graphite over the copper would help to improve continuity between the separate pieces of foil though.

But to be honest it wasn't really a serious suggestion, I was just being flippant. Any screen represents a risk of short, so the best approach is to make sure signal paths are well insulated and distanced from the screen
      www.facebook.com/elthamjones
      http://www.edgeguitarservices.co.uk

"I'm not crazy; my mother had me tested"

Comment

Working...
      X