(Almost) NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Almost) NGD

Well, having found this as pretty much a 'wood only' guitar about 2 months ago, I'm at a stage now where I've finally got everything ready, wired up, assembled, installed etc ready for a professional setup.

Its a '99 SG.....complete with all the 'playing' marks and yellowed binding you'd expect from an 11 year old guitar - perhaps a few too many marks, but all tiny so no damage to the vulnerable parts of a gibson.

The finish on these things is thin++. Its certainly no thick poly.... the clear is rippled from sinking into the wood pores. I don't remember the '94 LP standard I used to own being this light on with the finish, but I'm sure it will let the wood breathe.

I wanted to be a bit different to most other SG's, hence the zebra pups. A C8 and PG as recommended by the SD forum.

Hope you all like

Re: (Almost) NGD

Nice!!! I love SG`s and yours looks great! Awesome and under-rated guitars imo.
    Changing power tubes really doesn’t change the tone of the amp as much as people think-John Suhr
    And anyway, the real tonal differences in amps come from the circuit design, not the tubes-John Phillips

Comment

Lefties unite!

Beauty of a guitar, man. Enjoy it.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Nice.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Lefthanded? sweet!
          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Awesome! Maybe you could put some nickel covers on it for that classy look. And maybe some strings too .
            There seem to be a lot of people buying SG's lately!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post
              Awesome! Maybe you could put some nickel covers on it for that classy look. And maybe some strings too .
              Well, they are the best guitars!
              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post
                I'll see whether I like the look 100% after playing it a bit (and of course looking at myself in the mirror at the same time!!!).
                The nickel covers muffle tone too, so it will happen only if the tone is too bright

Comment

Working...
                X