Burny Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burny Guitars

I just have to ask since the Tokai thread brought it to mind. How are current Burny guitars? I have an 80s model that I got in fantastic shape and for a great price. I know they are on Ebay once in awhile but are often beat up. (mine had a prev owner in the US that replaced all the pitted hardware.) I had heard that the new ones arent as desirable (as the case with most of these good knock offs) but I know Duff McKagan is playing them in that band he was playing and singing in. I cant get him to tell me about them.. haha
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Burny Guitars

Hmmm.. looked on youtube and the Burnys he has are the new headstock type. guess they arent bad..??
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I have a mid 70's Burny LP custom that is an amazing guitar...I've owned many reissue/Historic ect Gibson LP's, and the Burny is the only LP I have kept. It also has a better neck than most Gibsons and it's more stable
      Instrumental Blues/Rock Music/Teaching/The RW Band
      www.rodwelles.com

Comment

New Burnys are MIC/MIK.
        I want to say since around '01 .

But, there was a small line of MIJ made for a year, around '07 (?) .
        RLG105 and RLC115.

Build quality of the new Burny's should be about the same as my Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe.
        Which is actually very good and is MIC as well.

The MIJ's are still most likely better, feature wise.
        Electronics, woods, hardware, attention to detail, etc.. .

My Ravelle is definitely better than a MIC/MIK Epiphone.
        But, not on par with my Edwards or Diodati.
        I guessing the Burny will be the same.
        sigpic
        http://www.heddatheband.com

New HEDDA CD now available:
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hedda2

HEDDA video:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LuSksz-J8

Comment

Guitarist in my old band had a couple of Burnys, and some Grekos and orville's. The MIJ.
          The first one he got was a RR custom, nice guitar but really heavy.
          One of my local shops has some of the MIK/MIC ones in and they seem mighty expensive next to Tokais or epi's.
          I could be wrong but I think that many of the older ones were basically made in the same factory as Tokais, grekos etc.
          In my humble opinion most of these MIJ gibson clones are pretty similar in terms of quality, although you do still find pancake bodies sometimes.
          Round these parts Tokais are by far the easiest to get hold of, but if I had a local place that sold Burny's I'd definitely check them out.
          Once again the Tokai Forum can be a great source of info
          It's a valve sporker... it sporks valves

Comment

The Chinese Burny's are really nice; I've sold several and the customers have always been really happy with them. The build quality and furniture is far superior to the Tokais.

The only thing that lets them down a little are the electrics. Cheap pots and no screening, but it's an easy upgrade. Bridge, tailpiece and tuners are all of similar quality to those on the Gibsons they mimic, and they have a properly fitted and trimmed nut, not some cheap plastic monstrosity just plonked on the end of the fingerboard with no attention to finish...
            www.facebook.com/elthamjones
            http://www.edgeguitarservices.co.uk

"I'm not crazy; my mother had me tested"

Comment

This is good to know that the new ones are made well. I was wondering as I know its really almost impossible to beat the old Japanese made ones.. My Burny is honestly one of the best LesPauls (LP styled) guitars Ive ever played. And this includes some Up to $5000 . I love it. Would buy another in a second.. I wish I could get one in black in as nice of shape as mine is..
              Here is (in gollum voice) Myyy precious..

I liked it with the EMGs too..(18volt mod) I really almost hated taking them out, but now have Bareknuckles Rebel Yell set.. It weighs about 9-10 lbs, but it is just a sustain machine..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                This is good to know that the new ones are made well. I was wondering as I know its really almost impossible to beat the old Japanese made ones.. My Burny is honestly one of the best LesPauls (LP styled) guitars Ive ever played. And this includes some Up to $5000 . I love it. Would buy another in a second.. I wish I could get one in black in as nice of shape as mine is..
                Here is (in gollum voice) Myyy precious..

I liked it with the EMGs too..(18volt mod) I really almost hated taking them out, but now have Bareknuckles Rebel Yell set.. It weighs about 9-10 lbs, but it is just a sustain machine..
                Nice!! I love alpine white LP's!
                Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Working...
                X