i'd look at the classic vibe squiers...wouldn't really have to mod anything
    I concur Dr. Jones
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Re: Strat gutting

Originally posted by amosrides View Post
      Thanks for the warning, I of course won't buy it if I don't like it. I guess I just like the idea of modding a cheaper guitar rather than maxing out my budget, I am impatient. Probably should just get a squire and upgrade mod when I can. How do higher end squires compare to low end fenders?
      Experienced players can tell a cheap but not nasty guitar by playing it. If you've not had the required experience (or spent $ on getting a lemon and therefore more wary) then its best to stick with what is known to be acceptable.

Remember, if you polish a turd it is still a turd
      Last edited by AlexR; 11-20-2010, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
        Experienced players can tell a cheap but not nasty guitar by playing it. If you've not had the required experience (and spent $ on getting a lemon) then its best to stick with what is known to be acceptable.

Remember, if you polish a turd it is still a turd
        Guitars are different. Everything besides the truss rod and body can be changed. You can re fret, polish, clean, swap pickups, and make the final product sound nothing like the original.
        Originally posted by jmh151
        I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
        Originally posted by jeremy
        like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
        Sometimes not read.
        dats hard

Comment

I actually watched a show once (can't remember which one now), but they actually took a turd and polished it up to a glossy sheen. It didn't look like amber or polished stone, but it was glossy. Sorry...OT.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
          X